Registered
25 Posts
i hope u know what I mean by maxing a car out

I have a Renault F1

what pieces would it take to make this car run to the fullest

engine,tires,etc

excluding alot of practice and driving

--------------------------------------------

What would it take to "Max" my MG Lola out?

engine,tires,etc

thanks all

·
Registered
446 Posts
Check out Slot It Performance parts. They have high performance motors, axles, wheels, gears etc. to get more performace out of your car.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the older ones are quicker because Scaley wanted lots of speed but now I think they have slowed them down a bit so first time racers can feel that they have some skill-only because the car isn't quick enough to go off very often.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was squeekees or wahtevers post supposed to be an insult to me?

maybe the slot racing hobby isnt as i thought.

the only hobby i have heard of where some people discourage newcomers.

so sad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if it was meant to be an insult....

he must be the average 15 year old who is looking for any reason to feel good about himself.

idint dat sad.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi OWRacing,

Uksqueezea wasn't being rude, he was just pointing out that the best way to get a car running really well is to give it to a child to sort out, much like programming a vcr etc.

Welcome to the forum and try not to be put off!!!

We're all (quite) friendly really!

Cheers

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
First of all glue the bearing, motor, tyres to rims and rims to axles. Oil and lube everywhere and true the tyres to get rid of the tread. True the front tyres so they are just off the track and varnish them. If this does not produce a fast enough car then:
- uprate to a stronger manget, slot-it v12b 26k or 29k motor and slot it axle, crwon and pinion (ratio depending on type of track), rims with ninco f1 tyres trued to remove tread with a few applications of 3 in 1 oil.

If you run w/o a magnet then the 26k motor is more controllable and maybe play around with a little bit of weight

Matt

·
Registered
303 Posts
3 in 1 oil on the tyres????

Am I reading that right or going mad???

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (daleg @ 27 Aug 2004, 12:23)3 in 1 oil on the tyres????

Am I reading that right or going mad???

We're all a bit mad I'm afraid

seriously, it really works wonders for traction ....

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
the 3 in 1 softens the rubber. rub it well in leave it to soak for a while and then rubit dry with a lint free cloth ,then use a piece of gaffer tape to clean the tyres and you get good grip you can also use sun tan lotion/ wd 40 or baby oil for similar results pay yer money take yer choice.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I gather the speed demons take something like 20 applications of 3 in 1 to make a set of tyres that lasts for a few races. Madness!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts