SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rich Dumas
3,983 Posts
I see that the author used a Pittman DC196B motor, those worked very well, even on big commercial tracks.
In some cases there are online archives available for old magazines, in some cases you can buy the magazines via Amazon or the like. I have every issue of Model Car&Track on CD-ROMs.

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that the author used a Pittman DC196B motor, those worked very well, even on big commercial tracks.
In some cases there are online archives available for old magazines, in some cases you can buy the magazines via Amazon or the like. I have every issue of Model Car&Track on CD-ROMs.
I just need the July 1966 issue of Model Car & Track to complete my collection of that magazine.

·
Rich Dumas
3,983 Posts
If you want an original paper copy try a search on Amazon. Amazon has a network of dealers and one of them might have what you want. The CD-ROMs that I have contain scans of each page of each issue, an entire issue is 31 megabytes. Professor Motor still offers the CD-ROMs I believe.

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want an original paper copy try a search on Amazon. Amazon has a network of dealers and one of them might have what you want. The CD-ROMs that I have contain scans of each page of each issue, an entire issue is 31 megabytes. Professor Motor still offers the CD-ROMs I believe.
Thanks for the tip. I have also had good luck in tracking down books and magazines from around the world by using AbeBooks.

abebooks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts