SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Okay been trawling through all the threads in the Tracks & Scenery forum to get some inspiration for my new layout, as I have done before building the first 2 incarnations of my track, and while it is very useful and informative it does take a long time.
So I was wondering if maybe we could have a thread where members posted 2 or 3 pics of their layout, ideally one of the layout plan and 1 or 2 of the layout as it stands today (preferably as wide an angle as possible).

If we just limit it to a couple of pics and limit the chat between posts then it would be a nice condensed catalogue of pics we could all use as inspiration.

I am aware there is an index of a large amount of members tracks, but this way people could look through the tracks on this thread and if want more info could then look at that tracks particular thread.

So to get the ball rolling here are some pics of my layout (before I rip it up and start again!).

STANTON HILLS RACEWAY MK2 - table size 4.75m x 1.4m.
stanton mk2 a by chris nichols

stanton mk2 b by chris nichols

stanton mk2 c by chris nichols

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Nice idea! Can the posted ones and any new posts give us table dimensions, maybe just overall length and width?

·
ParrotGod
7,920 Posts
Nice track Hondre. It resembles a bit the one that we currently use at ADSR.

Here is a pic of the layout:

And this is how the track look like:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Good idea
I've been meaning to start this type thread in the SSD forum for a while but it will get more input here.

Almost fits on a pingpong table including borders - 2.8m*1.5m. according to UR30. ca 10.4m/10.9m track length.

Fastest laps: with magnet 3.7secs / magless Slot.it GT40 & NSR Mosler 4.5secs

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Ok. So here goes....

Hurstland Park 3

Then.....

Hurstland Park 4

And....

RoC

And then......

My Portable effort.....

And finally......

Hurstland Park Thuderdome..... work in progress

Either....to be tested.

or

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm up for this! Apologies to anyone wondering how my build was going, hopefully this will give you some idea, more to follow on my own thread.

The track plan:

Still loads of scenic stuff to do, not my strong suit, the track is staying flat as I've noticed quite a few on this thread are as well and I'm still toying with the placement of buildings.
It drives well and has a feeling of space about it due to the lack of R1 corners.

Looking forward to seeing other plans and track pics,
Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Excellent idea gentlemen. I will pin this.

Three requests to keep it on task:
1) Please do not add any comments about the tracks. As the OP said, let's keep it clean with just details of each track and no "your track is brilliant" stuff. Any superfluous posts will be removed.

2) If you have more than one track to show then list each one in a separate reply, not all together.

3) If you have done a complete topic on the track shown then please remember to include a link to it so people can follow it up.

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
Have shoved as much track into my loft as possible - so it's a bit cramped

4 lane Ninco - approx 50 feet. I'm currently looking to put in a new timing system (when I get around to it), but the lap times are about 4.5 secs (never with a magnet).
Always amazes me that plastic track can expand and contract so much during the seasons of summer and then winter.

ABBO

1 - 20 of 159 Posts