SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've started a section in the Resources section on Members' Layouts.

With a bunch of us in the process of building layouts, it would be great if we could share ideas and show what it was all about.

If you would like to have you layout either displayed on the members' layouts page or linked to from the page then please just send me an email.

This is for permanent or semi permanent tracks.

Check out the Members' Layouts page

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Great idea. I`m interested and it`s always great to see how the other guy does it.
I wouldn`t mind a sister topic on Club Circuits as it`s good to see what people are talking about and this is the right place to display.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Autodrome (Oakville Ontario Canada) added. You've seen it before here on the forum, but now its on the layouts page.

Keep them coming.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bloody BRILLIANT! Well done Nuro. The composite of the layout catches the room! The postings by the other members humble my efforts. The postings are great!

Keep it up!

Good day eh!

·
Registered
714 Posts
May I add my congratulations too - both to Nuro, for providing an immensely attractive and useful resource and to all the track owners whose handiwork is displayed there.

The whole thing is just wonderful!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nuro,

Great idea! I like being able to find member's pics in one location!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please keep posting in Tracks & Scenery. If you have enough content, we can create a page on the Members' Layouts anytime.

Those of you that have pictures in the Members' Layouts section, please realise that we can add photos later too. So if you have updates or additions, keep us informed.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
This is inspirational stuff!

A couple of years ago, I had a small routed test track, inside a large table that I had made for my wife to do her quilting....

Aplogies for the low res pictures:

Unfortunately, we had to leave it behind when we moved to Dubai, but I do have quite a nice large dining table, and I have every intention of putting a Scalextric Sport layout inside it.

Seeing what others have done has inspired me to move the project along and I plan on making it a 'scenic' layout, rather than just a bland test track like the one pictured. I already have around 200 painted spectator figures!

Kind regards

Russell

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Coopdevil @ 20 Jan 2004, 03:30 PM)QUOTE (Nuro @ 20 Jan 2004, 01:27 PM)
Revell Raceway 191 by RacerXtreme
Getting a broken link on this one Nuro!

Coop
OK, fixed. Thanks for the 'heads-up'.

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Some time ago, David from Slotcentre has kindly posted some pictures of my track. I've done some more work on the scenery since. It uses Gregory Brauns' lap counting programme. It is a 4 lane track with a 55' lap length and 3.5" between lanes. It is on a 16' x 8' table and lives in a 24' x 12' shed which is insulated, with lighting and power. See:

www.slotcenter.net/roche.htm

If anyone around Bedford would like to pop round and have a run on it, e-mail me on:

[email protected]

Cheers

John

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
There are some wonderful pictures there guys. Very inspirational and giving me loads of ideas too! Keep it going whilst I go clean the garage out!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent idea. Great place to go to see everyone's hard work. Thanks Nuro for getting the photos up there.

Think I figured out a way to add 10 feet of track. Need 20 straights tho. That will bring me to 201if I can do it. Changed the center section a little. Made it much more "swoopy". Easier to see. No jumps tho - for now anyway. Started to beat up my new Saleen. Must have launched that car 500 times. What a gas!!! Tough on the rear end. The Pro-Track cars LOVE airtime. Need to build some more. c-ya

Rock and Roll

Rev

1 - 20 of 22 Posts