SlotForum banner
581 - 600 of 615 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Here's mine, recently changed.

A Seat Leon FR, for those of you on the western side of the pond, it's basically a VW Golf.

In my honest opinion it's a bit more stylish. Considerably cheaper than the equivalent Golf, probably depreciateso quicker but as I never buy new it's not an issue.

Engine is a 1.4 TFSI 150BHP in Sport Mode, and with a slightly lower kerb weight than the flabby Golf, it's quicker.

I've had it about a month and it's already done nearly 300miles, and I love it!

I teach people to drive so it's in eco mode most of the time which means it's less spirited. It replaces my Seat Ibiza (VW Polo) which I enjoyed.

I posted the other 2 pictures on my instagram account to see who could tell which was the new car. Out of 30 odd replies, only 3 people got it right. Disturbingly all 3 of my students who follow me on instagram got it wrong!!!

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Daytime Grille
Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Sorry folks I'm not able to get these into the relevant place in the text with the tablet I'm using to post

Simon

Attachments

·
David H
3,900 Posts
I've had it about a month and it's already done nearly 300miles, and I love it!

I teach people to drive so it's in eco mode most of the time which means it's less spirited.
You teach people to drive and it's only done 300 miles in a month?! Is the mileage a typo, or do you teach them using slot cars!
tongue.png

Nice looking car though.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I posted this picture of my 1968 Mkll Mini Cooper in post 567 in this thread.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

A week ago I found a 1960 Mkl Austin Seven Mini Super De Luxe which I couldn't resist.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

It is in Farina Grey although that doesn't show up well in pictures. Built in March 1960 just seven months into Mini production so it is a nice very early example and it is a delight to drive.

Part of me wants a 1970s Mklll to complete the classic Mini set but I will stop at two I think.

David

Attachments

·
re member
4,181 Posts
Very nice brace of Minis, David.

I lived for nine years with a Mini as my only four wheeled form of transport.

I learned a lot about mechanics working on my Minis....starting with how to take the grill off which is a prerequisite of just about every procedure.

I bought two English magazines per month and was a complete Mini nut...but things change.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hi Andy. I let it thaw and melt off. No point in risking scratching the paint. You could not drive a Mustang GT in that weather anyways.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Speaking of minis and rallycross, who can forget the total carnage when Keith Ripp dropped it, then Murrays immortal words......... Keith Ripp in real trouble.
Think it took rather more than two tubs of isopon, 3 rattle cans and some t cut to return it to its former glory.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Fitted my newly refurbed winter wheels today. I had all-weather tyres fitted, as we rarely get much of a winter 'round here.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I asked for "Gunmetal" colour, which IMO is a dark silver-grey. To my eyes these are more like "Anthracite" - ie. a very dark grey, almost black. I'm a little disappointed but TBF they have grown on me a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yesterday was the end of an era for me. having driven Vauxhalls for 28 years and owning this one for almost 7 years I have got myself a new toy.

A Mini JCW in a limited edition. Run is just 300 cars that will be in this colour with what Mini call the GP pack added. First car was an 850cc Mini this one
is considerably faster and larger than that one and just as much fun to drive.

581 - 600 of 615 Posts