SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you realise that we have 794 members, but 304 of them have never posted a message? Not even a 'hello...'.

Wierd that. Why bother to sign up if you are not gonna post?

If you are one of these people, please reply to this to let us know you are still there...

Lotus

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
It certainly would be good to hear from more of our members.
All are welcome!

However, let's consider this.
Millions of people buy newspapers and magazines, listen to radio and watch TV but only a tiny fraction ever submit letters for publication or broadcast.
The rest are happy and/or content to be informed and entertained.

I know that we have thousands of 'hits' compared with hundreds of posts.
I think we are informing and entertaining a lot of people - at least I hope so, because that's at least part of why we are here.

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE (andy @ 7 Jun 2004, 09:46)its a common thing with forums

same thing happens on MBUK (mountain bike), britishblades and bushcraftuk

This is as has been said a common problem on forums, newslists, mailing lists and so.

The ratio of active_posters/lurkers better than 1/10 is a good figure. And active posters is a flexible figure (last year posters count it's optimistic, last month it's a better compromise)

One post per month per subscribed member it's a low figure, but 10 it's a very good level of activity ('hi all' posts excluded).

Another problem it's that the level of the forum can maintain silent some people, call them shy, and sometimes this is related to the language skills more than other things.

A good level of posting will encourage members to post their opinions. This is a good forum, and sometimes we need to be shut to maintian the level of discusion.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Fresh lambs to the slaughter are always welcome, baldy!!

Seriously, I've had PPT before on some other forums (Pre-Post Tension). It's silly really, just dive in with an opinion or a question.

Mark.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
QUOTE Hi baldy - we do care

Hi baldy its not like you to be stuck for something to say ,but as a clue to your identity for the others all I can say is check a recent event that some of you missed out on

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah, Hi Baldy- I think you've already started an interesting topic here- Slot racers hairstyles.
I wish I were a baldy. Once the ol'grey mane starts to fall over my Denis Healey eyebrows it starts to interfere both with line of sight while driving and delicate soldering operations. Singed hair is an unpleasent odour. I could go and get it cut, but that would intrude on available scratchbuilding time. And all they want to talk about at the barbers is bl**** football. It's even worse at the uni-sex hairdressers. They want to know what 'style' I'd like.
So- Should I go for the Beckham alice band, or the pony tale sported by the majority of us sad old hippies? I have tried borrowing my daughter's hair gel to make it stick up vertically out of the way, but the family threatened to leave. I had to weigh that one up very carefully....
Fall back position is to equip one of my F1s with a razor blade front wing and lay my head carefully over red lane.
Over to you for an objective view, Baldy.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Like me, not having much up top is a sign of virility.

As my Dad used to say, "Men who are bald on top are sexy. Men who are bald at the front think a lot. Men who are bald at the front and on top just think they are sexy".

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.