SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a while ago and about a month ago I received my first two mags followed by the August issue last week, and none of them have had anything in, like paper work, membership number or anything else that proves I'm actually a member, should we have a membership number/card?
I emailed the membership secretary, last week I think it but haven't heard anything

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, nothing just the envelopes with the journal's inside, I double checked and triple checked the envelopes to see if there was anything inside but there wasn't, and I gave all the journal's a good shake to see if anything dropped out but nothing did

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, same for me. Just an envelope with the yaers back issues but no card with number. Wanted it to get discounts at retailers. Didn't fill me with confidence so wont be re-joining!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beginning to realise now why this section is rarely used, because no one seems to care anymore

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys,
Only just picked up on this one.
Can you pm me with your details and I will chase the membership secretary to see where the membership cards are etc.

Thanks
Shaun (NSCC Treasurer)

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
If we are talking about Plus membership, I didn't know we were supposed to get a Mag or a card. I haven't had either

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Shaun

I've just PM'd you as well as I still have not received my membership card although Andy did say before that I should get one.

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Bigtone @ 19 Aug 2012, 12:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If we are talking about Plus membership, I didn't know we were supposed to get a Mag or a card. I haven't had either

We're talking NSCC membership not Slotforum

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So has anyone done anything about this or not?

I'd have thought the NSCC would want to encourage new members not put new ones off

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Pasiro,

Have you contacted Shaun as per his request in the last message from him, you have not clarified in your last post?

If so you will no doubt have sent him details of who you are, address etc. so he can raise your query with Andy Smith the membership secretary as he stated he would do. If you did pay up when you joined and a card was sent but has been lost on route, Andy will no doubt sort out a new card, unfortunately this is likely not to be sent out until the next Journal which is due out in the second week of the month.

Perhaps if the above is not the case you could contact one of the other committee members direct via email or phone to ask further if the matter has been dealt with, we do like to attempt to encourage new members but regretably we all contribute for the NSCC on a voluntary basis, so it is often the case that the real world (for example work) can get in our way and perhaps it thus appears to members that we do not jump at their request as quick as they may like.

Perhaps send me your details (name, address, when you joined etc.) and I can also follow up with Andy about your membership card?

Anyone else who also has the same problem please do contact either myself or Shaun via PM here.

Regards,

Jeremy
Editor

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 28 Aug 2012, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pasiro,

Have you contacted Shaun as per his request in the last message from him, you have not clarified in your last post?

If so you will no doubt have sent him details of who you are, address etc. so he can raise your query with Andy Smith the membership secretary as he stated he would do.

Yes I PM'd him with my details

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 28 Aug 2012, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you did pay up when you joined and a card was sent but has been lost on route, Andy will no doubt sort out a new card, unfortunately this is likely not to be sent out until the next Journal which is due out in the second week of the month.

I'm not sure when I joined up, filled out the form on website on 19th June, and it was about a week before Ossett that the money went out of my bank account, I half expected someone to have a membership card to give me at Ossett but when that didn't happen I expected it to be with the Journal's, and when they arrived a week or so later, nothing, and sinse then I've had the latest journal,still with nothing

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 28 Aug 2012, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps if the above is not the case you could contact one of the other committee members direct via email or phone

I contacted Andy Smith on the 8th July, about a week after receiving my first two Journals, to see if anything should have been included, but i still haven't had a reply (and I don't do phones)

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 28 Aug 2012, 16:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NSCC on a voluntary basis, so it is often the case that the real world (for example work) can get in our way and perhaps it thus appears to members that we do not jump at their request as quick as they may like.

I appreciate you all have a life outside of the NSCC and slot cars but I would have thought something would have been sorted after 10 weeks

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Pasiro,

I have your PM and have emailed Andy S about your query. If money was taken week before Ossett you should have had a memebrship card with your first Journal after that, we do not hand them out seperately, never have and never will, they always go out with the Journals, If you were at Ossett you could have maybe queried this with any one of us there (all of the committee were present) as to when you recieve your card, after all you would have need it to get in for the reduced rate or to buy either the event or Club car there.

As for email on the 8th July, Andy should have replied and this is really not acceptable and I will take this up with him at Abingdon this weekend, as for not doing phones, must make life a bit difficult in these modern times?

Finally, glad you appreicate we have lives outside the NSCC, just from the earlier posts it seemed that this was not recognised, as for 10 weeks, it is nearer 7 since Ossett was the 15th July, but either way this is also unacceptable and again I will ask Andy S, why this has taken so long.

Trust this clears things up. We will contact you via the usual email rather than here.

Jeremy
Editor

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 29 Aug 2012, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you were at Ossett you could have maybe queried this with any one of us there (all of the committee were present) as to when you recieve your card, after all you would have need it to get in for the reduced rate or to buy either the event or Club car there.

The person taking the money just checked my name on a list and checked me in at the reduced rate.

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 29 Aug 2012, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as for not doing phones, must make life a bit difficult in these modern times?

No, it's easier, for 40 years of my life I found contacting people very, very difficult and stressful, at least there's email now, lot easier.

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 29 Aug 2012, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally, glad you appreicate we have lives outside the NSCC, just from the earlier posts it seemed that this was not recognised,

I was more annoyed at the fact an order has taken so long to sort out, even with a life outside of this I wouldn't have expected it to take that long, normally people who take on roles at clubs do so because thy can do it on a fairly regular basis, in my opinion 7 to 10 weeks isn't fairy regular

QUOTE (jeznaylor @ 29 Aug 2012, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as for 10 weeks, it is nearer 7 since Ossett was the 15th July, but either way this is also unacceptable and again I will ask Andy S, why this has taken so long.

Trust this clears things up. We will contact you via the usual email rather than here.

Jeremy
Editor

The 10 weeks I quoted was from the time the order was placed, not when it was being processed, to be fair it should be 8 weeks from the point I received my first journal in which the card should have been in

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Pasiro,

As I stated on my last post I would attempt to sort it out without further comment and feel that I have attempted to resolve your issue, I didn't really think further comment was needed here, you merely confirming the points I made about the timescale being unacceptable and me following up on your problem.

However having read your last post it would appear perhaps you should have stood recently for one of the positions on the committee given you clearly can do a better job than anyone of us as you have more time on your hands.

As you were at Ossett, the guy taking the money was Andy Smith, the membership Sec, a perfect opportunity to raise your issue in person lost perhaps?

As for not using a phone, well I can understand your point, however I note you do still have a landline at your home address so clearly it is there for a purpose. The problem with email and forums is it is all so easy to critise and adapt a tone that perhaps you may not do in person or on a phone, and critism is easier.

As I said I shan't say more, this not really being the place, other than that I will speak about your membership with the other Committee members, as my time is indeed limited and I have another 700 odd members to consider rather than just the one, as it is Journal time and it must be finished otherwise I will have a few more complaints coming my way, I will leave you to post again, as I am sure you will, last word and all that.

Jeremy

G

·
Give it a rest Pasiro. This has to be the biggest waste of space in the history of the Slot Forum !!!
Go bore someone else.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (fw14b @ 30 Aug 2012, 18:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Give it a rest Pasiro. This has to be the biggest waste of space in the history of the Slot Forum !!!
Go bore someone else.

i had given it a rest, looks like you want to join in, I hadn't replied to the very harsh comments from Jerremmy, as I didn't want to waste any more time with the NSCC, or the people who run it.
I was rudely spoken too and I am told (or in the tone it sounds more like an order) to give it a rest, I HAVE GIVEN IT A REST AND DON'T CARE ANY MORE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.