SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I've seen this done before, but a little more elegantly.
I'm not sure quite why it has been built with the ultra wide track - it doesn't seem to be strictly necessary.
The reversal of one motor's rotation, together with a switch of contrate to the other side of that motor would not only look more refined but equalize the torque reactions nicely.

With those two refinements, I'd like it better.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Built it years ago when I used to race bscra/ecra type things the rear axle is split to give a diff effect and the motors are counter rotating 6volt wires in series .the idea was to let one draw more power than the other when cornering .I did build on like the oneon slot centre for the porsche challenge a couple of yrs ago but I cant find it or a picture at the moment The wheels fit ok if you narrow the motor mounts I used 2 proslot f1 mounts and hinged them in front of the motor ,drove like a pig

Graham

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE the rear axle is split to give a diff effect and the motors are counter rotating 6volt wires in series .the idea was to let one draw more power than the other when cornering
Grah

I have been thinking about this for years - actually DONE nothing of course!
The theory of the wheel with the grip getting more power to it is good, but how did that part work out in practice? I really am interested in this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a topic that has been tried in other fields also. When doing an Control course specific to my trade a few years ago the topic of using two electronic actuators to drive a set of dampers came up. Basically the more powerful of the two motors would lead and the weaker one would drag. It was less efficient using two than one motor as no two motors are equal.

Vince

1 - 12 of 12 Posts