SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello all, it has been a long time i haven't been slot racing, let alone being on slotforum. But! finally it seems we're going to make it this year, a christmas holiday track and yes, a new year's day race.
This year the place to lay a temporary track is the old courthouse in which we have our office. In the old courtroom - without heating, alas - is enough space for a decent track.
Due to the absence of heating this year i like to do it old style, fool proof: a classic four lane vintage Fleischmann track. it won't be having a long life this track, but well, who knows it may survive the winter and see next year's spring time. We'll see.
I have to make do with the existing stuff in the office, like tables, some wood sheets cut to fit.
It's all about simplicity this time. I have room and a lot of vintage Fleischmann track, so off i went with a classic four laner.

Here i'll post my first sketch of the track plan. I might add some improvements, but basically this is the layout.
The triangle form came from the arrangement of available office tables, and this shape permits easy walking around the track.
There's room for a gauge 1 railtrack circumnavigating the track. I might make a truss bridge spanning the 500 mm gap to the adjacent tables on the left and the right, on which drinks and food will be placed during the race day.
So a beer serving gauge 1 Marklin train might be very well in the making.

For now i wish you all a happy christmas holiday and i'll keep you posted here with my building progress.

Merc

Human body Font Pattern Graphics Diagram

Human body Font Pattern Graphics Diagram

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you gentlemen, merry Christmas to all of you.
Well after the festive dinners it was time to build the table. Quite a joy to assemble the table with leftover tabletops, mdf sheets and so on. Boy it’s a big table!

Attachments

· Premium Member
558 Posts
Do you need chips and lane brains to use the WAM ❓

Sorry Ade, just kidding you a bit. Don’t take it seriously or get offended. I know Merc always used to have a digital track set up so it was easy to be mistaken. Think this is his first analog one.

OT, I myself just sold all my Scorpius stuff to an American forum member, including the grey lane brains cases that look remarkable similar to the WAM casing. It has been laying here unused for a long time so I gave him a good deal. I switched to SSD as soon as the Arc Pro came out, for a hobby racer (nowadays) I like the plug-and-play simplicity and heck yes, I don’t even take the magnets out of my Pioneers :D

· ParrotGod
12,512 Posts
Happy new year Merc.
I think this is one of your best layout. I like its flow and on the plus side is a 4 lane track!
Pity that is not digital.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well what a joyful event we had! It was grand. We raced with 12 participants, 4 cancellations due to the winter flu. It’s a great track to drive, very nice flow and a pleasure to my eyes.
We raced with classic Ninco F1 cars, delightful little beasts these cars! Many loved the looks and turning front wheels, and they handle remarkably well. Pure racing joy.
Yes normally I make a scorpius digital track, but this time I felt nostalgic and went for a classic 4-lane vintage Fleischmann track. It’s also the choice for the ninco F1 cars, I could not fit in a classic car chip. Maybe the new generation chips will fit fine under those tiny F1 bodies.

for your viewing pleasure a small after movie, enjoy!

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And there was light!
Update from my track, which still needs a name.
a season full of races now. The local Rotary club, a group of friends coming over, schedule is pretty filled the coming weekends.
I keep fiddling with improving the (looks of) the track. So first lighting and (cardboard) walls under the round overpass. Such a joy to improve the track. Total Zen pastime.
Next will be painting the surfaces, grass and road edges.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts