SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a lot of old cars from years gone by with the intention of one day sorting them out , i did the old Avant Mirages and now turned my attention to another pair of old warriors.
This time it is 2 SCX Mercedes now these cars were pretty useless as standard hence they were assigned to the vault, but as i have started on revamping thought why not do these.
All that's left of the original cars are the bodies, the chassis were scrapped and parts were sold on, today we can get 3d chassis for these cars and what a transformation.
Taking 90 first Scaleauto chassis , slot it sidewinder pod with ballraces, , motor the new slot it white 23k , slot it gears 11x34, slot it wood guide Staffs black wheels , front tyres slot it c1, rears are yellowdog urethanes , car weighs in at 86.4 gr body weight has been reduced to 19gr using lexan interior and had the dremel working on it.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Turning to 111 here we have the Sloting plus 3d chassis , slot it sidewinder pod with ballraces, slot it older 23k motor , slot it gears 11x34, Staffs silver alloys with slot it c1 on the front and yellowdogs on the rear guide slot it wood , weight slightly higher at 88,2 mainly due to the thicker chassis , body weight 18.8 gr had the same treatment as 90

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Toy

Ran them both on Friday night missus had 90 and i ran 111 and performance very similar , lovely planted cars the chassis are very good enough power from the motors the red one slightly faster as it,s well run in, great through my esses and mighty on the straights for 23k's so all in all 2 raves back from the grave.
Now will have to see what else is languishing in the garage.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
We run scx/DTM as a class at N Staffs on wood,these cars are standard but mitoos tyres are optional, a very close class, but obviously not roadburners.
My favourite two of my six are the Spain only set only orange Audi and White Merc.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have quite afew SCX cars mainly rally which all have been modified not a lot basically just tyres , braid and the addition of weight used them in the WRP proxy series many moon's ago and they worked quite well, as you didn't need a lot of power just handling and the ability to handle rough surfaces.
The race track cars were all pretty hopeless , from loosing wheels, buckled wheels, gear mesh hence they all ended up in the vaults.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Here is my Citroen from 2015 nice little drive , eventually.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I have some Scx DTM and they go quite well, not on the same league as a Slot it, but once you change the braids and do some work on the guide and add a solid axle on the front to put some spacers and a good pair of zero grip, and your favorite gear on the rear they run nice🙂

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have another SCX Merc same as the two above running down under in a proxy series there and it is going quite well finished 6th last time out does make for a nice stable platform when modified

Tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

It's the blue and yellow Merc 111.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts