SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Here we go again...
New room to build my winter season racetrack.
As always, the track will be a 6-car Scorpius Wireless digital plastic all brands hybrid.
Available table dimensions 6.5 x 2.25 meter.
This year ill do a tight integration with the gauge 1 Marklin Maxi railroad.
Setting will be a deserted industrial urban fringe, where ringroad, sideroads, shunting yard, rusty warehouses, concrete slabs etc form the setting for nightly street races. 1/32 trains will be a significant part of the scenery. An old petrol station with dubious 24/7 diner will be the gathering spot for the participating racedrivers.

Here is the first design. I started early this year, i might need some time to build this one.
I have included in the plan the position of the table in the room, theres doors and walking space to consider. In this setup, i can walk around the table freely.

44234698090_80aede1095_b_d.jpg

Comments welcome!

Merc

·
Bob Chapman
6,918 Posts
I always look forward to your holiday track Merc.
Its like a tradition now, just like turkey for dinner lol.
Kudos
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Very exciting Merc, here we go again looking forward to following your work 👍

The only thing I don't like about your post is that it means we have lost another year, its very hard to stay 37 when you keep being reminded the years are flying by 😢😎

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Merc,
A great tradtion mate. Looking forward to the videos.

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hope to see you on a racing night in january :)

Meanwhile, on the drawing table... I have been tweaking here and there.
Longer pitlane, added a 9th lane changer to prevent pit exit accidents, and...

46079619131_31af2611e8_o_d.jpg

An alternative setup for the Curva Grande -> Avus curve.
I like the smooth flow of the Curva Grande into the Avus curve, now in a flat 135 degrees R3 curve, lots of drifting possibilities. I use the Polistil A231 5 degrees track parts to make the Curva Grande.
The former version was 30 degrees Curva Grande into a 120 degrees banked Avus curve. Not sure yet which one i prefer.
What do you guys like better, this or the previous version? Flat or banked?

Merc

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I can't make out the branch-line to the kitchen for the beer-train .......
lmfao.gif

Now if we can only get the Mods to get the reindeers out again .....

2011 Banner.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Lol @ Greg :D
The race track is not to be built in the living room anymore, we moved out our office so this old office room is to become the (temporary, ahem) race room. The door on the topside opens to the old office pantry, i can imagine a fridge filled with beer bottles there ;)

Yes christmas time = track building time, looking forward to it!

Merc

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Well, this should be it. Definitive design, banked curve out, flat and wide R3 curve in.
Oh and i'll try to make a real bridge, no flat overpass but a nicely arched suspension bridge (if time permits!).

32348786018_d5bf478fab_o_d.jpg

Enough sketching and cad drawing, from tomorrow on it's time to build this beast.

Merc

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks Rick!

I'm thinking of making a safety car loop, I wonder if it will work with the Scorpius RMS lane brain order.

If I build it this way, a car will enter pitlane with LB 6, take LB 7 (pit bay) for the inner lane, then make the loop and re-enter the track via LB 6 again. Then via LB 8 and LB 9 on to the S/F line, LB 0. So the car passes LB 6 twice in this way (although it's LB 6 right lane first, left LB6 beacon after).

Would this work you reckon? Maybe some other Scorpius RMS geeks can advice!

Thanks in advance,

Merc

Attachments

·
Prof I T
11,098 Posts
Hi
From memory the lb has to be passed in numerical order otherwise the rms thinks its a missed lap.

Obviously the rms recognises the pit in scenario and in that instance the numerical order is ignored.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
..... is there enough room for the cat?

Reactions: Merc_A
1 - 20 of 285 Posts