Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for metal wheels that are accurate in size for a 68 camaro kit im building. Im looking to put nsr or slot.it tyres on these. I have been scouring the search function for about an hour but have had no luck so im hoping somebody can help me to find what im looking for.

also are torque thrust style inserts the closest?

thanks

tom

·
re member
4,018 Posts
Hi Tom
I have built a couple of Camaros up for different events,NZ national muscle car class and 2010 muscle car proxy.

For the NZ cars I first used the slotit SIPA43 16.5mm hubless for the rear and the standard plastic for the fronts.The next year I used the same on the rear but used the 15mm hubless on the front.These were the 68/9 body shape.

For the US proxy car I used the 15mm hubless all round with standard rubber on the front and Maxtrak silicones on the rear.This one was the 70 body shape.

I used the original hubs as inserts.
Minilights were common but I love the Torque Thrust(American mag) also...I used these on my Cheetah Proxy car...BWA made.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply. so 15" looks spot on as far as your car is concerned i still think i gonna struggle for good scale tyres nsr or slot.it not sure if gt40 or p68 wheels and tyres are a similar size?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I bought a set of Sloting Plus 15x8 rally wheels are about right, look on EBay for them, they come with a 50mm axle, you can put SCX Barracuda tyres on them, though these are a little wide for CSCRA rules, Scaley Camaro tyres might fit, I can check if you want.

·
Rich Dumas
3,536 Posts
Slot Car Corner has hubless aluminum wheels that are made to take inserts. The available sizes are 7X15, 8X15, 10X15 and 12X15mm. The wider wheels are made for Slot.it and similar tires. SCC sells Torque Thrust inserts for these wheels, Minilite style inserts are also shown on the website.

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responces guys I will deffo check out slot car corner when I get home.

Kev wayne makes the right tyres for american muscle cars but this is for the pendle trans am which specifially disallows urathene tyres. So I need to find good rubber tyres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts