SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 23 Sep 2004, 11:43)Looks mean! Is there a magnet in that chassis pocket as it looks very small to the original.

Good times as well, but do you think it's the chassis, or the upgraded motor and bearings? I mean, the Fly plastic chassis is good in these cars, isn't it? Mind you, that prop ring and axle bearing support system looks more impressive than Fly's.

Is this car still with the 8:27 gear ratio that stock Vipers come with?
The pocket in the chassis will accept the stock Neodymium magnet from the Viper.

I'd like to hear a clarification on the setup also. The time difference sounds pretty good. From his description it sounds like he's running the same gear in the plastic chassis.

Derek

·
Registered
79 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 24 Sep 2004, 00:28)But thats the whole point! evenly spread weight and lower Cof G of the chassis.
With the best will in the world adding weight to the plastic chassis will not get the Cof G as low.
That and the race bearings which make the whole thing smoother.
Also the fact that the motor, drive shaft, and pinion stay in the same position. With the plastic chassis there is so much slop between the motor and rear axle that the pinions angle of attack on the ring gear is constantly changing. Even if you glue everything in on the plastic chassis you still have the flex of the chassis to contend with. I think with the CNC chassis your getting more horsepower to the rear wheels in a much more predictable manner.

Derek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts