SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the news Ive been waiting for, not a massive fan of the 6 but with the GT version coming this yeay and now hearing this news im very exited. Alos Plato and Neale should be a competative pair.

Just need scalextric to make a batch of the new car which in its 2012 livery and GT stance looks like its going to be great!!

Heres the car livery in post No63. Sorry as the works computer wont let me copy the image link directly:

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread....7248#post677248

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Has anybody actually ever seen one of these MG6s on the road? I pass the local MG dealer twice a day on the commute and occasionally see their stickered-up promotional car as the owner of the business drives into work but apart from that, nothing.

Coop

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (staglinger @ 26 Jan 2012, 10:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great im looking forward to it

Many thanks!

QUOTE (Coopdevil @ 26 Jan 2012, 10:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anybody actually ever seen one of these MG6s on the road? I pass the local MG dealer twice a day on the commute and occasionally see their stickered-up promotional car as the owner of the business drives into work but apart from that, nothing.

Coop

I've only seen one up in Northumbria but I've actually test driven the TSE model and seemed good value for the money, but for a work horse there really needs to be a diesel model.

http://gallery.xpowerforums.com/showphoto....119/ppuser/8447

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 26 Jan 2012, 11:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MG? I thought they were dead....

Really MG is dead but the MG brand was bought by a Chinese company, Nanjing. They have also re branded the Rover as Roewe.

It good to see development in the UK and the new MG BTCC team but to say there built here as some people do is a joke.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Been rumoured for the last few weeks so official announcement is good news, although looks like the MG entry may well come at the expense of the Chevrolet RML works entry with Plato having jumped ship. Andy Neate is there as he brings money, he's not exactly set BTCC alight with his results in the last 2 seasons, if they want to beat Honda to the teams' championship they need to get serious about a quality teammate (like Giovanardi or Thompson).
Triple Eight are a fantastic team with a proven BTCC track record as former Vauxhall works team between 1997 and 2009, they'll have their work cut out to even have a car at Brands Hatch in April for the first weekend and probably wont get any pre season testing.

·
Registered
641 Posts

Saw one on the car park at Ikea, Wednesbury. Looked ok. Was black. Not the one pictured. Good to have the name back in motorsport. Shame it's not a British name anymore.

·
Tel
4,077 Posts
QUOTE (witness @ 25 Jan 2012, 15:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is the news Ive been waiting for, not a massive fan of the 6 but with the GT version coming this yeay and now hearing this news im very exited. Alos Plato and Neale should be a competative pair.

Just need scalextric to make a batch of the new car which in its 2012 livery and GT stance looks like its going to be great!!

Nuh uh !
I agree we need a lot more slot versions of TC's from any series, but I at least, want them made by someone with the ability to design a good aw chassis for them !
As ninco are falling apart and spirit don't look to be awake, Scaleauto or MSC please step into the gap
Racer even, that GR5 Capri could be the basis for some nice saloons !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.