SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone know of a resin or plastic kit 1/32 scale of MG Midget or Austin Healey Sprite (not frogeye)
Cheers
Boggy

·
Kitbasher
4,253 Posts
I think that Revell made a Sprite back in the day (not frogeye) a bit overscale I reckon and getting a bit rare.

FF models made resin Sprite and Midget I think. Try sending a PM to Dave Caplan 'slotcarmann' on this forum, I think that he can help.

·
Dave Capelen
2,768 Posts
Hi folks

What Martin says is true, sadly we no longer have the rights produce any more Sprites or Midgets.

However, I may have the odd one of each left in stock, from those that I bought myself.

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
It was Lindberg who made a MkII Sprite - but they are very rare and a bit too big.

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Boggy,
You may want to verify that the P/P Sprite has a correct rear bumper when it is released, assuming you will build it as a road car of course. The FPF version came with Frogeye bumperettes
in the rear which were cute but not historically accurate.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all
I am trying to replicate the sportcar club racing of my youth...a long time ago,so accurate rear bumpers is not a problem. A shame FPF have gone as their upcoming sebring sprite would have been a bonus,been in contact with Steve and Slotcarrman and things look promising
Cheers
Boggy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts