SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
quick re-do of Micro Mini, bit rough on the paint job but I skipped the rub down between coats as I did'nt have a lot of time for working on it.

and next to a standard Mini,

Hope you like,

Mike

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice job, stance was always an issue for those cars.

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chers Marc

Always thought the body was too big for the chassis on these, makes the wheels look small.
Will do an XJ220, Audi TT , and a Porsche Boxster in the future, if and when I get the funds.
Mike

·
Registered
730 Posts
This is my favorite MS body but put a Mini one side of it and a DBR9 the other and they all look different scales!

Good shout on lighted clears Andy, i'd like to see that.

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy,
sorry, no diagrams or anything for the LED's. I used 6 x 3mm ones wired in series so that the 16V at the track would'nt blow any of them. Used a very small 2 wire connector block from a Carrera car (they have so many in them, got 5 from just one car) so that the body can be taken off the chassis. Used some aluminium tube in the body with a 3mm inside diameter so that they could be mounted back a bit, and all the wires are glued up inside the roof of the car. I'll take a pic of that and post it up if you'd like?
Found my bag of resistors early and mocked up 2 white and 2 red LED's and put the track power through them, much better, come on at a much earlier throttle position and no need to use 4 white ones up front.

Marc,
I like the 350z too, some nice liveries in that. As all the cars share the same chassis it makes the scales a bit off on some of them, shame scaley don't do different sized wheels, at least the cars might look a bit better them.

Cheers guys,
Mike

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy, here's the inside, bit of a mess

would look neater I think if only 2 lights were used up front and some more flexible silicone wire. The LED's are held in with araldite rapid.
Hopefully the next attempt will look tidier, the first one is always a learning curve

Mike

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Mike, I'm impressed you got all that in there. Yes, it's a case of finding thin flexible wire that does the job. But the results on the outside are the important issue and you've got that already

Deane, I guess Mike's connector can just be unhooked to turn the lights off, which is a nice feature. I'm already looking to see how that will fit in a 908 or R10

And using the LEDs involves a much lower current draw compared to running four of the old grain-of-wheat bulbs...

·
Registered
319 Posts
QUOTE (Miker @ 3 Jan 2012, 14:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys,
quick re-do of Micro Mini, bit rough on the paint job but I skipped the rub down between coats as I did'nt have a lot of time for working on it.

Hope you like,

Mike

Fantastic job. I'm sort of happy with the wheels being small on mine, but was thinking what I could used for spot lamps. You've done a fantastic job there Mike - very envious lol.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Very nice job there

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks chaps

I've got a Johnny Lighning 57 Chevy Nomad on the go at the moment, have hacked the roof off and I'm having a go at turning it into an El Camino. I know they did'nt start til 59, but it's looking good. Also got a nice blower from a Hotwheels car to stick out the hood.
Should be making an appearance sometime in the next couple of weeks, hopefully

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow renniealba,
1st post in over 2 and a half years
and you made it on my topic, I'm honoured sir

·
Registered
3 Posts
miker...
yup.. i read the post a lot but have not replied. i am still a newbie in someways. although i have over 300 cars in my collection i still have yet to have a permanent track
i hope before summer! i have been on SCI more. but happy to be part of the action these days. love the lights. need to learn to do stuff like this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts