SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I've never used Micro Scalextric, so no familiar at all with how it goes together or how to solve simple problems.

A friend from another forum is having problems with her sons Micro Scalextric set which she bought for Christmas. From what she describes, there seems to be a couple of dead sections of track. I suspect it's dodgy track joints - the sort of thing I'd tackle with a flat screwdriver for 1/32 Scalextric, but I have no idea what to suggest for Micro.

Is this a common issue with a simple fix, or could there be a more serious problem? It's difficult to help her having not seen the set and not being familiar with how it works.

Many thanks,
Iain

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'd take it back to the retailer, or write to Hornby noting the problem (she could see whether it is bad contacts by removing the offending sections etc). The track construction makes it pretty hard to improve the fit of contacts as there's only a few mm exposed -and these are backed by the plastic. If one bends them outward they form a square butt against the 'prongs' of the next section of track which prevents it from slotting together then! A very strange design and one that causes lots of problems IMO.

Good luck.

PS Just taken a few pics which hopefully will show what I mean;

1) When the track is being offered up to the next piece the metal prongs actually hit each other square on (note the curve in the right angled one -this little kink actually deflects the head on prong)- the straight one then splaying -this is such a tight fit that if one splayed it out further I doubt the two pieces would go together

2) The correctly joined pieces (note how the prongs are splayed)

PS Sorry about the quality. Hope it helps anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.