SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rich Dumas
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight was the first race at Mile Creek Two, located in Old Lyme, CT it is Shoreline Model Raceways seventh permanent track. This is a really fast smooth track. A number of racers fell victim to the "Smokeio Squeeze" and the banked first turn was a lot trickier than it looked. Congratulations to Bubba and company for a job well done!

·
Rich Dumas
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I didn't bring a tripod it would have been difficult to take a picture of myself using the shutter time delay. Maybe I could Photoshop myself into one of the pictures! With digital photography what you see isn't necessarily what you got! The track replaces a 25 foot long three lane one, you really had to stay awake on that one. The new track is about the same length as most of our tracks, if a track is too long the cars will get seperated and everyone might be racing by themselves for long periods of time. The track is not quite broken in yet, I think the better lap times were around 4.5 seconds for our Endurance cars (mostly Slot.its). I believe the lap distance is 60 feet and we were running at 10 volts.

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Well you could let someone else take the pic too.

One hundred is a fair distance. I agree it is much more fun when racing side by side. My 1/24th Legends and another guy who has a car about the same speed as skill as myself have a heck of a time going side by side. Last Sat after 3 heats a total of 9 minutes we were only a couple feet apart.

·
Rich Dumas
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because of the 4 into 1 squeeze section you can't stay side by side all around the track. I spent the better part of one heat going head to head with the famous Smokeio, I had the inside going around the donut and could make up time there. Braking for the sharp corner before the one where the squeeze starts would cause me to loose some momentum and I would also loose ground on the outside of the sweeper going into the front straight. The first turn is banked, but you have to ease off for it or the tail end of your car will snap around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.