SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the white milliput for some time but recently saw a post (which I can no longer find!) about the advantage of the yellow over the white. Any imput would be much appreciated. I am about to use it to fill a large (1/4x 3/8 inch) whole in a fiberglass casting of the Ferrrari 246. I patiently await the experts : ))

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i use plastic wood filler or for a job like yours a roll of two part epoxy from the pound shop. slice off the amount for the job knead it together and use. john

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
to fill largish holes like that in fibreglass ,i would use johnson P38 ,or isopon
you know the body filler you use for full size cars

cheers tony

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
The yellow Milliput's really good - tough, trimmable before it sets, sands well afterwards. However, I'd query its adhesive capability when trying to bond to fibreglass. Use P38 for the job - from experience, it'll stick the best to fibreglass ( or indeed anything else ! )

Cheers

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
White gives a finer finish, while yellow give a rougher finish. There's no strength difference. It'll never fill a hole like that and offer any strength once it's dry. Epoxy something behind like styrene sheet or wire mesh and then fill. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the yellow milliput
I seem to get a soap like finish once dry never really seems rock hard
Is it me am I mixing incorrectly , did I get a dodgy pack or is it like that
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts