Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the previous swapmeet at Milton Keynes being advertised along with a link to a map and directions.

I could really do with something like it again for this time as I cant remember for the life of me how to get there

I would be grateful for any help...even the address of the venue would do so I can then get directions off the internet.

Thanks in advance

·
Jim Moyes
4,997 Posts
Was a bit slow renewing this year, whoops!

From memory something like

Woughton Campus

Leadenhall

Milton Keynes

Hope it might help somehow!

Mr.M

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
The address is Seckloe Sports Centre, Woughton Campus East, Leadenhall (Off H7), MK

All I know is that each year I drive into MK and eventually get to one of the roundabouts which crosses H7 and then look for the college signs - I always get there without getting lost...somehow

David

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info !

Cant afford to drive around looking for it...I will have my girlfriend with me so I need to get straight in and straight back out again with the minimum of fuss
.....although if the truth be told I know she enjoyed it last time...apparently it was attended by a better class of person than the football programme fairs I occasionally drag her along too

·
Registered
78 Posts
A lack foreplay...

QUOTE I will have my girlfriend with me so I need to get straight in and straight back out again with the minimum of fuss

.. but no lack of appreciation, appearently!

QUOTE although if the truth be told I know she enjoyed it last time...

Scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
Man About The Slot.

And Mother Makes Slot

Only Fools and Slotters

Open All Slots

Faulty Slotters

The Good Slot

It Ain't Half Slot Mum

Absolutely Slotulous

Slot Dwarf

The Young Slots

Auf Wiedersehen, Slot

The League of Slotmen

Scott

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

Image courtesy of Phil Smith

For further directions I recommend:

AA Route Planner Very helpful - also saves forking out for the Microsoft version.

MultiMap

I kept missing it last time, always end up driving up & down the road parallel, pesky road (grid) system they use in MK.

Tis' easy once you have sussed it, it's just that I haven't...

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
It is like Brigadoon and Shangri La, a mythical haven that cannot be found unless it wants to be.

Now, are we wearing red carnations to identify each other or just assuming everyone there is a SlotForum member?

Scott

·
Registered
979 Posts
Does anyone know what time the meet starts? And how much is it to get in? And finally is there details of joining the NSCC there and then?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
10.30am, about £3 and yes usually you can join (which means paying you annual fee then) on the day.

Given that some non-slot specific meets can be up to £5 it's good value and you get 12 newsletters to read too.

Scott

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks for the info Scott.

Will there be alot of dealers there as well as a good second-hand section?

The reason I ask is because this would be my first 'Slot Exclusive' swapmeet - most of the time I accompany my father to more Model Railway biased swapmeets, but never turn up much in the way of slot cars.

Mark

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark, the last MK swapmeet was great, loads of tables with well established dealers among them. It is a great opportunity to see all those new models in the flesh before parting with your cash. This time around I am looking forward to getting a close look at the new Vanquish F1 JPS and Lucky Strike Lotus before deciding whether to buy or not.

I am sure you will be impressed and also be a few quid lighter in the wallet by the end of it

·
Registered
979 Posts
Cheers Mark, I was wondering if there might be a slim chance of some Team Slot Stratos making an appearance, but I don't think so. Anyway plenty more to choose from.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Application forms to join the NSCC can also be found on the web site:

WWW.NSCC.CO.UK

Plug over!

Enjoy the event, i can't be there (working away).

Please let me know if anyone has trouble becoming an NSCC member on the day and i will try to sort it out for you.

Gareth Jex
NSCC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts