SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milton Keynes Swapmeet, Sports Hall 1, Leisure Centre, Woughton Campus, East Rainbow Drive, Leadenhall.

Doors open on Sunday 11th September at 10am with admission of £3 for adults and free of charge for those under age 16. The postcode for those with sat nav is MK6 5EJ. Also, for those of you who missed out on the Northern Swapmeet, the NSCC will be selling raffle tickets on the door at £1 each for the chance to win one of the Limited Edition Ferrari 308 GTB Cars only available at the Ossett event.

·
John Roche
4,240 Posts
I'm really sorry to say this but this event has declined to the point where I don't think I'll bother going again. Hardly any stalls and the stallholders still nearly outnumbered the punters. This combined with the increase in subscription announced in the journal this week means I'll be forced to reconsider whether it's worth renewing. It's a real shame as I do appreciate the hard work by the committee.

The only highlight this morning was Jen borrowing a car from Phil Smith to use like a wallpaper sample when searching for paint and wallpaper!!!

John

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
John,

It is a shame you feel that way and I can understand your concern/ comment about subscriptions and the MK swapmeet, I do hope you stay with us.

However, for the next years February event we have signed up for 22 stands which is currently 12 traders without even approaching those not in attendance on Sunday but who also attend other swapmeets. In addtion we have been in contact with some European dealers who have also expressed an interest in attending the next event, in order to improve attendance we are reviewing the event as a whole and hope to have some tracks present along with an exclusive Limited Edition car for NSCC members to purhcase on the day ONLY.

By lowering the entrance fee and the table costs we hope this will reinvigorate the event for attendees and traders alike, obviously we cannot do it alone and need people to come through the door which we cannot force people to do, but at least if we make it as attractive as possible, we can at least say we tried!

Also whilst the subs are regrettably going up next year, largely due to postage costs to be honest, as we have reviewed our costs with the printers, we will not be charging NSCC members to attend swapmeets organised by the NSCC (MK and Ossett).

Jeznaylor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts