SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've cobbled this together out of bits i've aquired (still missing a driver tray) and need to sort out some oversized arches to cope with the wider track and butcherd shell (not me!) i've had a good mooch round the hose looking for inspiration..bottle tops etc , but have drawn a bit of a blank. i'm toying with the idea of heat forming some black plasticard over the end of a 1/2" drive ratchet extension bar , to give a "lip"for the outer edge. any other ideas? i know there is a near inexhaustable supply of resourcefulness around here!

in the flesh , the shell actually looks a lot nicer than in the pic (barring the hatchet job and some of the decals) , so i'm thinking of trying to get away without a full re-paint.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I make arches from thin plasticard, generally it doesnt need to be heated.
I cut a strip off over wide for what i need, spot glue it in place with super glue then use epoxy round the inside of the shell and sometimes as a filler where the body meets the new arch.
Once its all gone off I just sand to shape.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i would have done but i really want to form a lip on the out edge of the arch to give the impression of it being thicker and a bit more shaplier than just a flat section bent around. im also going to try and mount them slightly angled down to look a little less like "apendages"!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Plasticard and filler should do the job...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome droop snoot. cant wait to see pics of that one finished. in the meantime i've had a total change of heart on this one. i'm going narrow body and tucking everything in and under and lower as per http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18659 .may have a bit of a battle on my hands as far as handling goes but i think it'll look pretty cheeky once ive tidied up the butchery that has gone on on and i have decided that i AM going to repaint , just not decided on a colour yet. as you'll see , ive been down the lairy , big arch road before. i'll keep this one a little more subtle , i think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts