SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/35th military figurine offer sometimes good opportunities for adding some more life on our track sceneries or dioramas. The scale variation isn't really visible.
Genuine military characters usually need some important modifications, but civilians should nearly be used without having recourse to heavy surgery.

I recently bought two sets designed by the Ukrainian brand MINI ART: "Eastern regions peasants" and WWII "German civilians".Figurines have to be assembled and painted. When done, I hope to integrate some of them in small dioramas I'd like to build, following the idea of displaying slot cars.
The subject of these various sceneries should be an old garage, a small French café or a village square with a fountain (circa fifties or sixties).
Several brands specialized in military modeling (VERLINDEN PRODUCTIONS, ITALERI or MINI ART for instance) offer some buildings references that could easily be adapted...

By crachepiquette at 2012-05-08

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Happy, if it is of any help to you, I have used Mini Art products in the past and they are very good.

Here is a photo of the "Park Gate" scenery I used for our track:

I also purchased the Mini Art Mercedes Benz 170V four door saloon to use as a scenery/slot car which came with the civilian figures you purchased. (This is one of many items on my to do list.)

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Mini Art buildings are very good for slot scenics - i have used them on my Scenic Loop and others have also.

A bit triky to build, but cheap.

Scale wise i think 1;35 is totally acceptable, figures and buildings. I also used a number of 1;35 war based resin figures (see the photographers).

Link to the build thread link

Both figures 1;35 scale.

Mini Art building in 1;35 scale with 1;32 Landrover and Van, Ninco Focus in the forground.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello Jexy1

I love the way you transformed the barn. The whole scenic is so meticulous.

Isn't Surrey one of the gardens of England?

You're perfectly allright : Mini Art sets are a bit tricky to built...I began to build the "French café" and I find it harder to assemble than a Tamiya or Hasegawa kit. Plastic is fragile and brittle, parts are strongly attached to the sheets and need to be carefully sanded...
I wouldn't recommend these kits for beginners...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Heres a mini art bridge I built using a pedestrian bridge kit which contained the steps and small walkway section and a separate foot bridge kit which contained only two sections of walkway. Both kits were the same in regards the walkway section and completely adaptable although even the importer in Australia said both kits were different and you couldn't use both together.

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE (uksqueezea @ 3 Jun 2012, 20:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heres a mini art bridge I built using a pedestrian bridge kit which contained the steps and small walkway section and a separate foot bridge kit which contained only two sections of walkway. Both kits were the same in regards the walkway section and completely adaptable although even the importer in Australia said both kits were different and you couldn't use both together.

That's very clever uksqueezea........Found a link to the original bridge you speak of.

http://miniart-models.com/index.htm?/1-35_Building.htm

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
- Hey ol' man, got a light?

By crachepiquette at 2012-06-06

- Oh, smoking isn't good for your health my little friend! You should go back to your home and play with your slot tracks...And try to find longer pants: You look like a rag and bone man...

- (muttering) ...Old jackass!...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hi Happy,
Really cool figure's, I love the finish you have given them, great story, there's just one thing, I think that cigarette is suspiciously long, it's not really coffee they sell in those Dutch coffee shops you know! Kindest regards Jason

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
These look great as does the newspaper - nice touch!

The smoking reminds me of a car in my collection;

Sadly you can't see from this pic, but the driver is smoking - complete with smoke!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hi, I've been buying and using many 1/35 figure's, mostly individual resin kit's that work out between reasonable and down right expensive.

Just like 1/32 'scale' figure's, they vary in size quite a lot. I've found Verlinden Productions { 3dverlinden } on eBay are very good size wise. Fraction smaller than MRRC but similar to FLY. The other 'favourite' is MK35 Editions, lot's of civilians that you can obtain from FOG Models = www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/ along with many other's.

MAIM are fantastic,

Two you'll be pleased aren't on my recomended list are Model Victoria & Royal Models. Fantasic kit's but very small and VERY Expensive.

FOG is worth checking out. There Buildings are good too. Plaster & resin {or something like} I bought a miniart building, took one look at it and took it straight back! Lot's and lot's of pieces. Verlinded & FOG are much much easier to build {maybe not as good BUT who care's. They're ment to look old & unkempt, and that they do!}.

While I'm here, I'd like to add that Verlinden Productions do load's of great accessories..... AND I MEAN LOAD'S............

1 - 20 of 24 Posts