Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saw this and a couple of others on Pendles website a while ago, and have been debating whether to try one or not. I have a number of Scalextric Minis, and I thought it would make a great partner car.

However, since they are quite expensive I wondered if anyone has actually tried one? How do they race? Is the scale near enough to any of the Scalex models?

All advice gratefully received!!

Aaron

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Have seen something posted about them before... There was lots of them running around. Maybe if you have a search through the archives...?

They certainly look nice and I did consider buying myself one at the time...

McLaren

·
Registered
303 Posts
Gimme gimme gimme, gotta have one of those!!!!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The Fiat 500's look absolutely great!

Who wants a Fiat 500, Mini and little Suberu thing proxy?

Mini shells are abundant and the Fiat shells are available from Pendle (Here) for just £12 (with full interior and glass).

I think that'd be great. You're resticted by width and obviously a tiny wheelbase, so motors can be free.

What do you think guys?

McLaren

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
The one Aaron is refering to is by MB slot in Italy.
These look great, run sweet but are really undersize and I mean ALOT so if that is important don't risk it.

Fiat are cool and run even better than the Minis.
I would LOVE a Fiat Proxy or even a series like the Porsche CUp.

In fact change 'any Porsche body' to 'Fiat 600 body' and away you go! hehe now THERES a challenge...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would be up for that, but what are the wheels?!?!?!?!

Not so sure about the pickup if its a very odd scale, also 80Euros..........hmmmmm

·
Registered
54 Posts
are they 1:32 scale ?...does 'undersize' mean they are too small generally or out of scale..these things look tiny even in real life...my 1:1 mini is dwarfed by practically everything on the road

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Not so much that the roof is too big,but,the box is way too short,the roof is reasonable proportioned with the nose.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE are they 1:32 scale ?...does 'undersize' mean they are too small generally or out of scale

Out of scale proportion wise is a tricky one usually as compromise usually (in the mass production market anyway) has to be made.

In the case of these minis I think it is more a case of them being way less than 1/32 scale in size although they are sold as 1/32 scale.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ah i see....if only someone would give the original mini the 1:32 slot/model/car it truly deserves..what other mass produced car except the beetle has had such universal appeal ?..luckily scalex's older version is still pretty decent looks wise...but the modified mini scene has perhaps one of the largest worldwide audience for a single car..i just wish someone would tap this market...modified minis...clubman's... pickups...convertibles..etc..the potential market is huge..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts