SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE (minimental @ 5 Oct 2004, 17:42)hi does anyone know of any mini moke models in 1/32 scale?
thanks
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Academy make one in 1/35th scale. It comes in various guises but the one I have is like this. I haven't made mine up yet. I'm a fan of tiny (miniscule) slot cars but with this one it's even harder trying to find somewhere to put the motor. Also, being 1/35th makes it even smaller. I picked mine up on ebay about a year ago for a very reasonable sum (£3 I think). I just did a search for a 'mutt' and came up with this and a couple of others if you're interested.

Hope this helps,

mdhnn

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi mdhnn that looks good looks like it may need some light mods, could you tell me aproximatly how long and wide it is?
thanks
minimental

·
Registered
26 Posts
minimental -

Had to dig around in the attic a while to find it. The mutt is about 9cm by 4cm. As with other military kits, it comes in about a billion pieces, they can't just give you a body and a chassis! There is an undertray, which is what I've given you the dimensions of. This forms the basis of the kit to which everything else is glued. This might make it more difficult to convert as you'll have to use this undertray and somehow mount running gear into it. Not impossible, but not straightforward.

driver#8 -

Thanks for your comments re the baja. It's made from a Tamiya Mini 4wd kit. Again off ebay although I think some suppliers in Japan may still have some stock of these. The scale is fairly close to 1/32, it looks OK next to a pink kar one. There's more about this in another thread here. If you need more info, get back to me.

Cheers,

mdhnn

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks very much mdhnn 9x4 is actually very close to a 1/32 airfix mini although the mutt kit would require some basic mods it would make a very good start
thanks
minimental

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Nothing like digging up an old thread!

Came accross this whilst google searching;

Made by a company in Japan (TVC15, Japan) - no longer available.

Would like one if anyone has one!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Wherever could you put a motor in a slot Moke? Maybe the Twini Moke might have enough space where the rear engine goes, but a standard Mike hasn't got anywhere.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The floor on the real thing was one thickness of sheet metal, about 0.035" IIRC. And it only has 10" wheels so there's almost zero ground clearance, one reason why both our Army and the US Army decided against buying them. The Australian Army did though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts