SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad let me build this car on my own because I really like the shape and the cat on the front and I wanted to make a slot car.

It took me about an hour, with Dad watching and doing the sharp stuff with a knife.

I did what my Dad suggested and made sure all the parts were in the box and then set them up so he could take a picture.

I thought the kit was really well made but the instructions could be clearer as I had to ask a couple of times what they meant. I have made some Airfix plane models before and those instructions were fine on my own.

Putting it together was easy and fun except Dad nagged too much about being careful with the super glue

Now this bit was hard because the steering wheel was too far in.

I thought it was too hard to put the springs onto the plastic bits, but I did it in the end.

I did it!
now I am going to drive it.

I hope you like my work.

Toby.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

Man, quality control is getting worse!

so these "kits" are cheaper than a non "kit"?

Oh must say though Toby is a spit of his dad!

Inte

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Nope - same price and no crystal dust cover for the display BUT it is LOADS more fun (ask Moped!) and no way would my son enjoy that car as much as he does if it had been RTR.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
my vette came like that.. after a few careful laps

I'm sure the fact i threw it off the top end of our track didnt have anything to do with it!

Inte

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Toby

I am Devon, My Dad is Austin I am 8 I like to paint cars Dad cuts boxes to put all over. We do not tell mom. My dadd will put pictures on. here later. I like police cars the best.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice job Mini Swiss!

You've inspired me to take the leap.

I like the idea of doing one of these kits... I just wish they cost a little less considering the labour to put 'em together!

We older kids get impatient when a car comes in the door. Its like how quickly can i get rid of the magnets and "test" this baby out. Oh well, maybe I'll have to send the girls out one night wih their mom so I can have some quality modelling time!!!

Take care and again great job!

Ken R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts