SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just received an SRM F1 set from Derek Cooper.
The set included the Lotus & Ferrari F1 cars.
A spare Cooper car also came with the set.
Ive already got the SRM F1 cars, but these are beautiful. They have never turned a wheel.
Pictured on my Jouef layout.
Cheers
Kev

Lotus

Cooper

Ferrari

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hi Bernard,
Pleased you & Thai like them.
The performance compares very well with Jouef cars that have the early (1963/64) oscillating motors & the earlier versions of the "pea" motors.
Similar top speeds but whle the Jouef cars get there smoothly the SRM motors are quite brutal! The SRM motors are practically bullet proof.

Looks wise, excepting the SRM Mini, Jouef wins hands down. But the SRM cars have a charm of their own. Can`t really compare the two after 1965 when SRM stopped making slots, whilst Jouef continued production until 1980.
It would have been interesting to see what further cars from SRM would have looked like because their Mini was so good!
Cheers
Kev

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Guys
Poppedi nto srms the other week and picked up two complete (less motors ) f1 cars, a yellow lotus and a red BRM
I am thinking of installing one of ABslots Beardog motors ,which i think would really make them fly
I f i can get it to work i might do a limited production run

Cheers tony

Reactions: loosesalute

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tony,
Have you got a spare windscreen for the BRM F1 car? I`ve got a light blue one in need of a screen.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi kev
I.ve got a complete blue brm body (less exhausts) that has a screen on it albeit with a slight glue mark on it
any good to you ?

Cheers tony

·
Registered
307 Posts
So sweet Kev,there in lovely condition.

Always meant to ask you..

Do you like to collect packaging etc?,as if your like me the scalextric box art etc is just so sublime.

I was amazed to see so many corgi items fit into the racing circuit.

Like they where made for one another almost

I have a couple of SRM cars,Ferrari ones missing a rear wheel and the Lotus a screen

Any good to you,let me know.

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hi Tim & thanks.
The Corgi Silverstone figures & buildings were sold in conjunction with Jouef here in the UK(but not on the continent).
In the UK Jouef slot cars were distributed by Mettoy/Playcraft Toys Ltd. under the name Champion Motor Racing. Mettoy/Playcraft manufactured Corgi toys, so it made perfect sense to tie the two in together.
The Corgi Silverstone kits feature in all the Champion Motor Racing catalogues.
Production of Silverstone Kits ceased in 1968 after a factory fire destroyed the moulds.
Mettoy/Playcrafts tie in with Jouef also ended that year.

Yes, I love the old packaging Tim. It`s so much better than the modern computer generated rubbish.

(The grandstands you can see on the layout were actually made during the 1960s by Wrenn for their 152 slot system.)

Cheers,
Kev
SRM set box. Michael Turner artwork.

SRM window box for individual cars.

Unbuilt Cogi Silverstone building kits. Beautiful artwork.

·
Registered
307 Posts
B E A U T F U L L !

Just look at them..

Kev, i'd read on one of your posts about the tie in with all these companies.

Without lads like yourself,we would never know how or even see these great things.

I am a triang scalextric nut job.

It makes me go all silly when i restore an old 60's car.Look at it, run it and then do another.

I've done so many i forget, i enjoy every single one exactly the same.

I'm getting some great vibes from your posts and although i have never had a jouef or wrenn set i can totally understand why you love them so much.

There giving me the same feeling just looking at them.

PS I have a corgi kits silverstone box here for you if you want it.

FOC

Talk sometime soon .
Tim

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Tim,
I`m an old Scaley nut also!
Fab old stuff mate.

Lovely offer with the Corgi box. But, if it`s in nice nick put it on Fleabay as I`ve got a few & a Corgi collector might be after one. The Corgi boys do like them!!

Cheers,
Kev.

Here`s my vintage Scalextric layout.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Delightful on the eye

Looking at that picture makes you feel the aura of the racetrack.

Thanks for adding the pic Kev
And your note on the box.
Tim

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tony Condon just sent me these lovely Lotus & BRM bodies.
Here they are with the correct running gear added.
Cheers,
Kev.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Guys
As promised a picture of the "pocket rocket " a srm 62 brm with the ABslot beardog fitted
a really easy conversion as the beardog mill is smaller and more powerful than the original sRM open frame motor

I havm,t tried it yet and suspect it may be a a bit of a wheelspin wonder with its 50 year old tyres so i may need to fit a traction magnet to it !!
If there is sufficient interest i amy be persuaded to do a limited production run ,what do you reckon ?

Cheers tony

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That`s really nice Tony!
Jouef GT tyres will fit on your cars rears. (Ortmann replacements from RSSlotracing, No31a)
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi gents
Ive been reading about your interest in SRM and Im an avid fan myself. To date my collection comprises 35 cars in total, all but one running (but more of that later).
I also own 7 F1 sets and just the one Mini Cooper set. I F1 set has yellow foam inserts, 2 others white foam inserts and the rest blue plastic inserts in various cnditions from excellent to totally disintegrated.
Im getting pretty good at getting non-runners going again as the motors are really quite simple if fiddly affairs. But for one car, I am at a loss....because it has no motor! Now Ive managed to source all sorts of parts over time but have yet to find anyone able to supply a spare motor part number 1100 (though Im sure you guys know the motor Im talking about that fits all F1 and Mini cars.
So...does anyone know ANYONE who can help please? New, used, second-hand, in a wreck for breaking......you name it, Id be interested and very grateful for any help anyone can give.
Regards
Keith Aird
Tonbridge, Kent
PS
Ive attached a photo taken some time back showing some of my SRM F1 collection, some before repair or refurbishment. 8F9C9768-F85B-40BC-8AC0-D46B89781215.jpeg

Attachments

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
still got a load of srm spares , but not any motors , mainly wheels , tyres, motor brushes and springs , mini bodies, drivers windscreens and some F! body parts

pm me if you want some

cheers tony

1 - 20 of 29 Posts