SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the Realm?

If not go here: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30218

The Realm was a photo contest car, a half car setting if front of a mirror, put it in front of a mirror,now you have a complete car.

Below are 3 mirror cars, from a source that can answer many questions of the Thingie under world,from Thingie past.

These are true scale cars , one is a mid engine Corvette, Firebird,and a ?,and yes there are others down deep in the Thinigie World

Thought you guys would enjoy these Mirror cars.

Tossed this photo in a Chrome MPC SC100 with the decals from Sears, anyone else has one?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gene,

You never cease to amaze me! Where do you get these incredible things from?

Who is the mystery source from the thingies underworld???

That Chrome MPC SC100 is legendary, I have heard of that version but have never seen one until now.

Thanks for sharing with the brotherhood of thingie fanatics!

-Max

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi Gene,the mirror cars are fantastic.
Heres my 2 MPC SC100s.One is mint in the box,the other not. Inoticed its says on the box that this is the first slot car in the world with automatic front brakes.
Thanks,Bernard Sampson

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sampson;
Here are my SC100, I have never seen another Sears chrome car with the decals, maybe PDL can jump in on this one of a kind and maybe this is the only one.

To complete my MPC Lancer I only need the red body lower half.

The white box is how this one came, my other like yours is all there but the box is rough, the corvette is just fine.

I have the Scarab but it still in the original box.

thanks for your post.
G;

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Thanks Gene, I don't think I've ever seen that plain packaging on the SC-100, I have the same standard box as Bernard....

Ditto with those decals on the chrome version, although I may have seen one of those flash past on ebay...

Just looked at my 1965 Sears catalog, and it says:

Now Sears adds 4-wheel brakes to a Dyn-O-Charger slot racer - the fully assembled Dyn-O/SC-100

But I think they just mean the front wheel brakes (string...)work when you slow down! It's an illustration so no color, but white stripes on dark body...

Don

PS: check that: I have the Summer 1966 Sears catalog too, and it shows the Silver-bright Dyn-O/SC-100 with chrome body and your decals, so this was a later version. You coulda gotten that, or the Cox Chaparral, or a Classic Viper, or a Rannalli Cheetah, or the MPC GTO, or a K&B Lola... just 2 pages in the Summer catalog, but almost all 1/24 commercial racing...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Here is my bathtub - sorry , SC-100 !!! ! It has to be the heaviest slot car in the collection !
But I do like it , and for a heavyweight , it goes ok ! The motor weighs more than some cars
I have . As for the colour , I think the chrome car looks far better ! Zig

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Time you posted some of the beauties you building Jaak ?
Hope you are well ? Zig

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Funny how many of the slot car makers of the Thingie era , claimed their slot car to be the World's fastest production slot car ! The SC-100 is well down the line , for performance and handling ! I tried it on my brother's large wood track --- it went ok on the straight , tried to slow for the upcoming corner , and it just kept going straight ! As I mentioned before , it has some weight behind it , and the impression made , when it hit the corner barrier , is there to this day ! Maybe the front braking system malfunctioned ! Possible driver error as well , but after a few laps , and getting used to the car , one must back off half way down the straight , the sheer height of the car makes it propel forwards , without driver assistance at all ! Very hairy indeed around corners --- so summing up the drivability of the SC-100 - very nice car to display on the self ! Zig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts