SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ive been lurking around here looking for ideas for a while.. you see my wife wanted to hold a race party for my son but wasnt impressed with the hassle or cost of hiring a track.
So when she say's i found a company 'but it's 500 quid, hmm me think's cant be that hard surely. !!

Sod it, ill do it myself. "ohh blimey" dropped myself in it proper this time. So ive now realised.

Anyhow bought 5 scally set's and have a trackpower plan, well about 40 of them

I havent touched slot cars for 30 years, bugger how things have changed.

So i am going to have a shot at this with the gear ive purchased and hope for the best. !!

So far ive made some drawings and had the usual 'culprit's give me a good start, namely rich with the cable, and rikorocket with a pb-pro.

It was two weeks,, now only 12 day's. material on its way for the base as we speak.

Need a miracle here.

Constantly searching this forum for ideas, but forever getting lost.

Ill update with any progress when i can work out how to post pictures, when i have some.

Cheers.

Colin.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
That is a great idea. I have to convince my wife to do a party for me with a hired Spanish raid track. She will then tell me that it costs between $5000-10000 to bring such a track from Spain (she would also tell me that has a bonus they would bring a full prosciutto Pata Negra). I will then say:

Sod it, ill do it myself (but they can still send me the prosciutto).

I would then go and spend the $5000-10000
on more CARS
. That is the solution to next year's flow of rally cars and raid trucks!!!

Colsy, we need to give a prize. Slotforum Man of the year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok, ive been very busy obviously
But i had a good weekend and managed to build the worst of the tressle assemblies.
Hours and hours of making bloody brackets for the legs and locks.

My base assy's from 4x1 planed were ok, but my choice of 6mm MDF was a disaster. had to go out and buy another 6 sheets in 12.5mm

Will boted together with 3 m12 bolts per section.

Hope these pictures load.

Should get the table edges sprayed black tonight and start on the pit garages.

I was going to decorate the inside walls of the garages with images and overlays with logos nd toolboxes on ETC.

Anyone know any good images i can lay my hands on. ????.

Thanks for the award rallyp

Regards.

Col.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Colin,
Firstly welcome to the forum, you have made a fantastic start spoken to the right people got everything in place, just need a little bit more time to get it all done in, Nah Im sure you'll get it done in time.

However please, please, size you photos prior posting to no bigger than 800 pixels wide.

Keep the photos coming, as I want to see the finished article

All the best

Ian

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE (colsy @ 9 Feb 2009, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, ive been lurking around here looking for ideas for a while / ... / Anyhow bought 5 scally set's and have a trackpower plan, well about 40 of them
/ ... / It was two weeks,, now only 12 day's. material on its way for the base as we speak. Need a miracle here. Constantly searching this forum for ideas, but forever getting lost.
Colin.
Wooh .. hold your horses! What's this .. Indeded, a new SlotForumChampion? [or something, is there a such?] .. the guy who gets 5 [FIVE!] sets in one grab, who builds a table for a layout faster than we, ordinary people make a cup of tea .. And I bet is driving it & having fun before bedtime tonight .. [right?!?]

colsy/Colin .. A very Welcome to the Forum btw. An entry with A Bang! ..

-- ron --

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind word's, I assure you ive been working my nuts of this weekend.

I bought 3 analouge sets and two digital sets of the flea-bay, all good deals. Which gave me all the controllers and cars i needed.

But i got around 32 spare R2's
and a load of other gear i dont need. but it worked out in my favour "just".

I got the table edges sprayed gloss black tonight.

Going back when the kids go to bed, untill 'silly-o-clock'.

Start on the pit garages and, and fabricate the monitor bracket and laptop shelf.

Just got to prey the rest of my track turns up tomorrow.

Cheers.

Colin.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi Colsy,

breathtaking start! Seems to me you are driven by tons of adrenalin
. I like the black coat, looks really exclusive.

Do you already have plans of the layout?

By the way: love you're argument of getting the money for the things people like us need it.

Keep on going at warp speed and keep us posted if you can afford the time to do so

Best regards,

Diegu

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE (colsy @ 16 Feb 2009, 15:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was going to decorate the inside walls of the garages with images and overlays with logos nd toolboxes on ETC.

Anyone know any good images i can lay my hands on. ????.

There are good pit garages based on the carrera sized garages on this site. pit garages

It's in german but follow

Gebaude & deko> carrera gebaude> boxen deko

If you are making your pit garages from scratch size them around these inners and it will make life a lot easier

Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it was a another 'full-on' evening, well until silly o-clock this morning.

Finished fabricating the bracket for the LCD monitor, now waiting on the Vesa bracket, so i can spray it all the same,

Knocked up some pit garages, using the 12.5mm table-top off-cut's, 3 hours of jigsawing produced this.

It was a bit 'bodge' as you go along and they are rough, but primer helped

Trouble is they have turned out blooming huge, but no time to re-do them.

Just need lots more cleaning up, and filler and decorate.

I have some 3mm tinted acrylic, which i plan to use for the windows. Nice little lunchtime job.

diegu, i have the planed track power, but dont know how to post it up ?

fbc, Thanx m8, but ive done it now, but blimey that's some nice gear.!

I need to sort out some throttle extensions, any ideas?

Crikey i hope the rest of this track turns up today, for tonight.

Col.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am really enjoying this thread. I'm impressed by the pits and can't wait to see a track plan.
Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Well you definitely jumped in at the deep end. But what an entrance! Love the pit building!!!

Hope it all works out for you. Good Luck.

BacardiBeast

·
Lars Ole
1,626 Posts
I second that we need an update

cheers

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi Colsy,

your project is so cool! Someone that can do something like that, will not have a problem pasting a pic of his track-plan.

ZITAT(colsy @ 17 Feb 2009, 09:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...
diegu, i have the planed track power, but dont know how to post it up ?

Sorry, I don't know nothing about trackpower. Maybe there is an option to save the plan as or do a hardcopy. Anyway, you could easily do the following:

• Open Track Power
  • Press <Alt><Print> to copy the actual window into the windows copy buffer
  • Open the program paint or any graphics program
  • Paste the captured window (e.g. using <CTRL><V>
  • Save the contents as jpeg file
  • Load the file up as you do with all of your pictures.
Would sure be cool to see the latest updates.

Hope you didn't get stuck!

Best regards,

Diegu

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE (colsy @ 17 Feb 2009, 10:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well it was a another 'full-on' evening, well until silly o-clock this morning. / ... /
diegu, i have the planed Track Power, but dont know how to post it up ?
Col.
Hi again colsy .. You can do it as diegu decribes above ..

Or #2 .. if you got an picture editing program, like this -- Put TP on full screen, press the "page/frame" right of the chequered flag [full sizes the layout to window] then the next right of that, haircross [center layout to window] .. Then press "print screen" on your keyboard, and you get a .jpg into your clipboard. With all tools and parts and such in the picture. Paste & edit to size.

Or #3 .. make the TP window about 600 -700 dpi wide on your screen. Full size and center. Then press 5.th icon in tools [camera/copy image] right of the printer icon. You'll get a .bmp [bitmap] ONLY of the layout/work space [no tools] into your clipboard. Resize if needed, that can be done even in MS Paint!

Upload to photobucket or your own picture host.

-- ron --

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, had a 'full-on' 3 day's or so. all done, well almost !! lot's of finishing of to do, but good enough for tomorrow.

Pictures uploading to 'photbucket' as we speak.

Give me 1/2 hour, or so to have a bath and they will be on.

Col...........

1 - 20 of 65 Posts