SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
I'm just a home racer with a Scalextric sport track. I've been playing around with a mix of weight and mags for a couple of months.
Some cars really seem to benefit from a bit of weight added at the front (a couple of grams of blu-tack made a huge difference to my Fly and TeamSlot Lolas). Using mags at the front is ok, but I had problems on tight radius curves where the mag moved away from the rails and - instant de-slot.
When I started to pay more attention to the front of my cars I was amazed at how many were not sitting fully on the guide, but were resting on the front wheels instead. By enlarging the front axle slots to allow the axle a bit more vertical travel cured some of my de-slotting problems without having to add weight or mags! So it's worth taking a good look at how your car sits on the track before doing anything else. (Old advice I know, but I READ it many times before I DID it!) Using something like Blu-Tack is easy 'cos you can mould it into any available space, lead needs more room.

Rob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.