SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,473 Posts
As fergy says the mix and match thing can help .
My ferrari 333 has often been acused of being twin mag but it isnt .It just has a little ballast behind the guide to stop the front lifting ,The single standard scx mag effecively glues the back down and the fox motor gives enough power to drag the thing round .The result is a totaly well balanced car which can turn in fast lap after fast lap with out much effort and balistic laps when I try.

·
Graham Windle
4,473 Posts
QUOTE Why are the wires from the braid going to the chassis instead of directly to the motor?

The way Larry has arranged his wires gives the guie a self centering action with out the need for springs ,he has also been able to use a heavy guage wire to the motor with out fear of the guide binding.
I would find it intresting if Larry would send the car over to the uk for us to run at slot tech as a proxy entry for the mach 1 challenge ,Russell has sent one over to me which is absolutly superb which I will shortly be posting pics of .
Russells design is an angle winder with 2 button mags behind the guide and 2 adjustable bar mags in front of the motor .The set up looks very promising indeed.
there also is a space under the rear axle to accept another smaller mag so it gives me plenty of options when setting up.
As a rule of thumb I set the car up to run with out mags as light as possible then I add the rear mag for traction ,next I add a spot of weight behind the guide if we are looking at a 1 mag car,
One of the kids at slot tech was running a 5 mag porshe last week with a 35k red can ,while it was putting down some very quick laps it could still not live with my 1mag tsrf set up as above and still on wrexham gearing.
Getting a quick magnet car is down to finding the right ballance between horsepower and down force or youll just end up with a rocket which launches its self unpredictably into the scenery then the mags let go,(Chris Clarke take note)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.