SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree, the guide location is your problem. It can't go even with or just ahead of the front axle? I can't imagine what they were thinking when they put the guide flag back there. It's dooming the car to cornering trouble what with it almost binding in turns. The guide could also stand to be a bit larger so it goes deeper into the slot. It was probably a compromise to allow it to work with older shallow slot tracks.

It's a real nice looking car though. I don't see any reason why it can't be made to move quite fast without magnets even with its high ground clearance. You just need to sort out the guide flag problem.

Can you post a picture of the chassis minus the body? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The guide pin is a good idea.

Is that front cross member used for anything? If it can be removed then be sure to put another brace behind the front axle, epoxy anything in and you'll be fine. It's possible that the brace is not used for anything on that car but why take a chance? That, in my eyes, would be the best way of fixing the problem.

I find it odd that they did such a nice job on everything but they put the guide in a poor location. That is some nice resin work you have there and an outstanding looking body on that car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts