SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
There aren't and will not be any headlight cover lenses on the MMK cars for reasons previously explained. It is not practical at this time. It would be nice to have MMK supplying a small piece of vac-formed covers to be trimmed and customer-fitted, but the costs are already high enough.
PdL

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Is it all right if John P and I continue to take the mickey then? In a light hearted and life-affirming sort of way, of course.

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
QUOTE Is it all right if John P and I continue to take the mickey then? In a light hearted and life-affirming sort of way, of course.

I don't see the Thought Police rearing its ugly head yet, so please feel free by any means!

·
Registered
721 Posts
P,

How about some advise and pictures on creating your own then and info on what needs to be done with each model. This could be posted on your website similiar to the great info on the TSRF cars you provide. It's one of the things that hold me back from purchasing these beautiful cars.

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
That alone should not stop you, because frankly, the cars LOOK like they DO have the lenses, an optical effect.

To make your own is not too easy because it should be done from a "blank" body. What I am going to do is see if I can get a set of un-finished bodies from MMK and make vac-forming tools that would have a clealy marked trim line for the lenses.

Another solution of course is to find soem dual-curved vac-formed clear packing and just make your own with patience. They can then be attached with a thin layer of 5-minute epoxy.

A last possibility is to use Proto-Slot Kits headlight covers for the Ferrari 275/330LM as they should fit 90% of the cars, and I think I could get a whole bag full from Eric in France for all the fellows who would want some.

Regards,
PdL

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
Actually, I spoke to Victor Di Natali, MMK's boss, yesterday and they are experimenting with cast-resin light "blocks" that could replace the current ones. I warned him against clouding as on the windshields of some of their cars, and he is aware of the problem. I told him that it would be better to do nothing than to make it worse.
As far as I am concerned, I am afraid that I am parked out of commission for a few weeks, with only my laptop as a friend. So this project and any new other not already started will have to wait.

Mr. Pea

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Philippe,

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery from your operation.

Get well soon!

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
QUOTE it would be better to do nothing than to make it worse
After several miserable attempts to make my own headlamp covers I am tempted to agree - so long as howmet and I can continue to take the mickey. In a light hearted and life-affirming sort of way, of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts