SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
I agree with LSI on this one.

To be fair though, they could be modelled on a car I've not seen. They certainly don't look much like the Listers I've watched hurtling round Goodwood for the last 6 years.

But they do remind me of the old Scalextric one, which I always thought was an awful model compared to the Aston, D-type and Porsche offered around the same time. That was over 40 years ago, though!

With race car designs constantly evolving, even back then, perhaps MMK and Scalex just picked a less well known/ produced car. A bit like Carrera have with their recent unusual bodied Ferrari 166.

Mr.M

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
There were two very distinct Lister Jags - the more familiar one is often called the "knobbly" style with a very pronounced bulge in the hood and fully open wheel wells. For 1959, Lister enlisted the aid of Frank Costin who designed the more aerodynamic body pictured above. As I recall, the chassis was pretty much unchanged. I think that i have some photos around. If I can find them, I will scan and post them.

EM

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
That white with blue stripes (Briggs Cunningham?) looks nice, but at £80-90 a car I doubt I'll have one. If Ninco did £30 classic I'd probably have both. Of course, that would still mean only 2/3 profit for makers.

It's a pity economics gets in the way of slot car manufacture.

Scott

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Aaaaah!! That explains it!

I'm thinking "knobbly", while MMK are doing Costin.

I do remember one Costin racing at Goodwood, but I didn't realise it was called a Lister.

With you, Scott, hoping Ninco do both Listers and a C-Type and a Maserati 300S and.......... all with NC1s.

Thanks for the pic, Thomas, just goes to prove my wobbly knobbly knowledge!

Mr.M

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LS, maybe its the missing lens over the lights?
The MMK Astons have the same 'thing' (I'm reluctant to call it a flaw/problem etc because they're such beautiful models but they ARE missing). Once its pointed out, it is a little noticeable.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I noticed the exclusion of the headlamp covers as well. It's more than that though. The headlamp area just seems a little wrong too, the shape that is. I've seen the cars with the covers off. So, it isn't as simple as an optical illusion. There's something about the rest of the front end as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts