Hi
I've an autoart Lambo countach.
I find the leaf springs (??) that carry the power from braids to
the motor lift the front of the car up to much and often causes
the car to loose power or derail, especially with the magnet
in the rear position.
I've moved the mag forward one position which has helped
alot but it still looses power.

Any suggestions for modifications to fix this please?

Moving the mag all the way forward made handling horrible btw.

cheers

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Change the chassis for a good one?

sorry but rushed here, more later......

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I don't have any Auto Art cars so am not directly familiar with that one. But the usual method of dealing with that probem is to very carefully bend the leaves to reduce the pressure slightly. It only takes a tiny amount of adjustment and make sure that the bend is as near to the closed end of the leaf as possible. Give it a try.

·
Registered
543 Posts
good call tropi. have done this with all my AA cars.

as an aside, consider the AutoArt Lambo Murcielago all wheel drive setup. and ask why the front wheels/tires are smaller diameter than the rear.
the gears are the same..........so the front wheels are always spinning faster........so..............

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
QUOTE (monquispot @ 19 Sep 2004, 16:26)consider the AutoArt Lambo Murcielago all wheel drive setup. and ask why the front wheels/tires are smaller diameter than the rear.
the gears are the same..........so the front wheels are always spinning faster........so..............
Actually they are spinning the same speed, because of the same gearing, but the circumference of the rears is larger, so they are trying to overrun the fronts. In other words, because the rear tires are going farther in one revolution, the fronts are effectively braking all the time. Some of the Cartrix Hyundai rally cars have the same problem.

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
I'll take issue with that statement. Yes the tyres at the circumference are spinning at a greater rate at the rear than those at the front. Think about it!
Alfetta

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the M.. lambo as well.
Did you replace the wheels and the tyres or just the tyres, and with what?

Im suprised how slow these AA cars are as well, both are much
slower than my SCX and Scalextric cars.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
QUOTE (alfetta @ 19 Sep 2004, 19:31)Yes the tyres at the circumference are spinning at a greater rate at the rear than those at the front. Think about it!
Alfetta
I think you are confusing spin rate, i.e. RPM, with rolling circumference. It doesn't matter where on the wheel you measure the spin rate, if it is turning 50 rpm at the center, it is also turning 50 rpm at the outer circumference. However, the farther out from the center of rotation, i.e. the larger the circumference, the greater the distance traveled per revolution.

G

·
I've found you need to solder the wires to the motor, and cut off the back section (little lip that sits under the body) of the chassis to give body rock. Remove magnet sand tyres flat and away you go, great looking car. It you want to go really mad put some Slot.it bits in place of the original running gear and change the gearing to suite your own/club circuit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another alternative that often works is to gently push the guide hugher into the chassis, and place a small rubber "O" ring over the top of the guide.

This will ensure:
1. The guide sits higher, thus reducing the front height of the car.
2. The pressure of the braids onto the track surface is higher.
3. The pressure of the electrical arms on to the top of the braid is also higher.

Only thing to watch is the new height of the front wheels. These may keep the car sitting nose high, but from what I remember - this should be fine.

Those of you with the AutoArt Lamborghini Gallardo may also notice that on high speed cornering, the Lambo will twist itself out of the guide, and as part of the resulting crash, the guide will also pop out - losing you precious secinds in a race whilst the marshall has to re-insert your guide. The "O" ring fix also works wonders here...

T

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had this twisting out and leaving the guide in the track whilst the car rolls away with both my Lambo's (I dont have the Gallardo). Blooming annoying!

·
Registered
446 Posts
QUOTE I've an autoart Lambo countach.
I find the leaf springs (??) that carry the power from braids to
the motor lift the front of the car up to much and often causes
the car to loose power or derail, especially with the magnet
in the rear position.
I've moved the mag forward one position which has helped
alot but it still looses power.

Me and my friend bought an Autoart Impreza 01 from a Swapmeet brand new. It did derail a lot as the guide spring pushes the guide way far up out of the slot. It did derail a lot and lost power. We moved the magnet etc. but we couldn't work out what was wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts