SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this website (http://www.modelcarracingmag.com) couple of days ago and wondering if anyone has subscribed to their mag? In particular, does anyone know if their 'digital edition' is available for download or only viewable online?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Hi I have, as a newbie I find it very informative.

Yes its only viewable online, although you can print out the issues.
I've found that quite difficult as it appears you can only print 1 page at a time.

Also when the issues are archived, it's a smaller edition that's saved.

Aside from that, I think its a good read.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Hi - I have managed to collect all the issues - what I find really nice is when an article is done on a particular car, most often there are accompanying pics from the real race. The editor is a little biased to what works for him, but overall a good magazine.

As far as I know you can only subscribe in the USA - I get my copies from Sean at Pendle as he stocks the mag. For me constant reading gives me ideas and sometimes the courage to try something I have not done before. Slot Racer mag is also available as well as MAS slot from Spain (in Spanish) and Car-on-line from Germany (in German), all good for seeing some superb work by some of those that are not on here!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ever so slightly off topic....

I was lucky enough to win in an NSCC competition the actual pre-production prototype (for the magasine owners approval) Cadi Northstar featured on the cover of the first ever issue. I understand that there were just 100 made for the first subscribers.

Mine came with no motor/guideblade, loose headlamp glasses etc.

The 'real ones' do occasionally come up on 'that well known internet auction site'.

Scalexkid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts