SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I popped into Modelzone Croydone yesterday, and as well as the usual Scalextric cars they're currently selling Carrera, SCX, Ninco and Autoart cars too. Most of the SCX were the usual discounted ones, but the Carrera were latest releases, for £29.99. When they're on the shelf at that price, they make the Scalextric Super Resistant cars look a bit overpriced/under detailed. Good on Modelzone... I hope this is a permanent move, not just selling odd stuff they've go their hands on.

I thought this might be of interest to some of you, especially us Carrera lovers, I don't think I've ever seen them for sale outside of the web & swapmeets.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I have seen them in a small model shop but only a few, the trouble as always is that it's much cheaper to buy online, unless you "need" the car now lol

As you probably know I've been buying carrera for a while, I got a but annoyed at the guide so looked back to Scalextric, I was so disappointed at the lack of imagination in thier range of cars, seems to be the same cars from the last three years in different colours at 25% more than carrera.

Thanks for the info though, always nice to see the cars in the flesh and sometimes when your out shopping you just want to come home with a new toy instead of the usual t-shirts and food

Ps. Just looked at their website, a few on there and free p&p on anything over £10 so that makes them cheaper than some other sites if just buying the 1 car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts