SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly 'scratch built' but built from a white kit, this is my first ever modified car. All I have done is trim down the back end and fitted a standard rear wing and then given it a Marlboro Lights colour scheme. But it is my first modified build and I have enjoyed producing something a little different so much I suspect more adventurous project will follow!
Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Automotive design

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Wheel

Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design Racing

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motorsport

Tire Vehicle Car Hood Cutting mat

·
ParrotGod
10,898 Posts
Excellent job. The paint scheme is extremely good.
Do you have any pics of the rear end? A part from chipping it what else have you done to the rear?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's not a good pic, but this shows the rear. I just cut a couple of pieces of plastic, glued, sanded and painted, and then the original lights just stuck on with a tiny drop of superglue! I'll probably put some silver mesh across the gap, paint the wing support black and I might make some larger wing endplates, but as its a runner I might just start a new one. I have a white kit of each of the Slot.it Group C cars waiting to go! :)
Vehicle Toy Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
677 Posts
I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. She's a clean well finished build that shows no obvious signs that the body isn't factory fresh, very nice.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Nice build! It’s always good to have something diferent at the starting grid of any slot car race! 👍🏼

Reactions: Trisha
1 - 8 of 8 Posts