Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Like most of us I have limited space (about 9x6 ft), but I like pit lanes.

I just wondered if anybody has successfully modified a Scalextric Pit Lane Exit (C7015) by reducing it to 2 half straights in length rather than the standard 3.
The theory being that it would make it more adaptable to compact layouts because you could then attach a curve to it rather than always having that one half straight after the exit (but you could subsequently still add a straight to it to get the original layout if you wanted to).

As far as I can tell it would basically involve sawing off the final third of the track and putting the metal connector back in the new end having also cut off the excess metal to fit the new track length. (I'd obviously lose the plastic connector from the sawn off bit of track but I can live without that).

I've had a go and sawing a cheaper piece of track and taking it apart so I think it's doable, I just wanted to run the idea past a few people first before potentially ruining an expensive piece of track!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yes it is and very easy to do

I would score the track with a stanley knife as it gives a cleaner cut

But why stop with just the pit pieces have a go at one of these as well

And Here's The Build Thread

Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really useful info Michael, thanks very much.

I'll be sure to give that thread a good read and I'll definitely give the custom chicane a go when I get some more experience. It looks fantastic!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts