SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I am making a three-lane, MCPL (digital for some)-Ready track with a design to keep the cars from deslotting as much. Here are a couple of variations of the two-lane modular I made. The big guy is 23'x10'. And yes, those are working pits and cross-overs. It's gonna have magnetic braid on it for flexibility. Lane spacing and skirts to accomodate 1/24, but will fit on a 4x8 sheet/table.

I'm not looking to get into a lot of technical detail just yet, just wondering what you folks think so far and whether anybody else would want a few pieces which give the benefit of routed and the flexibility of plastic..

Thanks for peekin'

-Maltese

·
Registered
318 Posts
Gday

My track isnt routed digital but i cam up with a really fun design
5 lane derby crossover

i thought how cool will that be - trailer races , old nascars , or even a junkyard

the lane is where you do the loop and lane 1 changes to lane 2 then to 3 etc until 5 turn over the lanes to 1

im in the process in changing the polarity switch on the bottom of the carrera cars to hook up to digital chip - switch = analogue/digital ....

brendan

·
Kev
2,723 Posts
Hey Maltese,

You have been busy.
The track looks real good, and i like the second circuit design. Lots of passing opportunities.
Personally, I am not to fussed about working pits and the like, (each to their own, and all that
), but i like what you are doing.
It has the look of the Slotfire track, and you say it has some kind of design to minimise de-slots?
How do the track sections join together?
Can the track sections be made to order, or are they already pre designed shapes? If the latter, what sections will be available?
Keep us posted.

Brendan,
You may want to start your own thread with that, as it seems to have no relevance to the initial post?

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (lavenlaar @ 11 Aug 2006, 23:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gday

My track isnt routed digital but i cam up with a really fun design
5 lane derby crossover

i thought how cool will that be - trailer races , old nascars , or even a junkyard

the lane is where you do the loop and lane 1 changes to lane 2 then to 3 etc until 5 turn over the lanes to 1

im in the process in changing the polarity switch on the bottom of the carrera cars to hook up to digital chip - switch = analogue/digital ....

brendan
Something like that is done before. Search for Bullring at Oldslotracers and you'll see.
Looks real fun!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zipp

The tracks are not pre-made. Every piece will be individual so a person can make whatever track they dream of. I did not want to be locked into a single track design. The first available pieces will be the full 18" straights and 60 degree curve sections. It will match up in a somewhat similar fashion as Carrera and will have "keyholes" on the side to allow for insersion of a little flexible, optional "key or dowel" one-inch piece which would keep the sections from coming apart.

I expect to get my shipment in a couple of weeks, braid them up and have more thorough testing of the 3-lane segments.

Pit segments are completely optional. An outer 30 degree curve will be added for wider, sweeping curves unlike anything I've seen in modular tracks.

-Maltese

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.