SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I am making a three-lane, MCPL (digital for some)-Ready track with a design to keep the cars from deslotting as much. Here are a couple of variations of the two-lane modular I made. The big guy is 23'x10'. And yes, those are working pits and cross-overs. It's gonna have magnetic braid on it for flexibility. Lane spacing and skirts to accomodate 1/24, but will fit on a 4x8 sheet/table.

I'm not looking to get into a lot of technical detail just yet, just wondering what you folks think so far and whether anybody else would want a few pieces which give the benefit of routed and the flexibility of plastic..

Thanks for peekin'

-Maltese

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zipp

The tracks are not pre-made. Every piece will be individual so a person can make whatever track they dream of. I did not want to be locked into a single track design. The first available pieces will be the full 18" straights and 60 degree curve sections. It will match up in a somewhat similar fashion as Carrera and will have "keyholes" on the side to allow for insersion of a little flexible, optional "key or dowel" one-inch piece which would keep the sections from coming apart.

I expect to get my shipment in a couple of weeks, braid them up and have more thorough testing of the 3-lane segments.

Pit segments are completely optional. An outer 30 degree curve will be added for wider, sweeping curves unlike anything I've seen in modular tracks.

-Maltese

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.