SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Kevs Racing Bits
It's not far off what the guys in Spain use for Rally WRS cars and they fly round a track.

Kevs Racing Bits
I made this one two years ago for an old Scaley Lotus 25, it goes fantastic in our pre-wing F1 class.

I called it the 'Adjust-O' chassis. 54mm across the tyre walls and 9mm wide rear tyres.

Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Kevs Racing Bits
I gave up on 3D printed guides, resin ones look good but only last for a while even printed in Siraya Blu/Tenacious.
FDM printed in PETG always break after a while no matter what orientation they're printed in. I've got Nylon and that should easily survive crashes but you can't print them in one piece to be perfectly flat top and bottom.
I went back to Slotingplus guides, never broken one and cheap enough.

Kevs Racing Bits
I should heed your advice, i've been using Slotit wood track guides but everybody seems out of stock at the moment !
Ive just started using Siraya Blu , the Parma guide is printed in Blu and so far holding up .
I don't like Slotit wood guides...too soft.

Kevs Racing Bits
I thought I should report back and say the "Blu" guide broke up just as the ABS did.
They seem to get a lot more brittle after a couple of weeks.
Also once the guide brakes and leaves a chip in the slot the car hits it on the next lap and causes further destruction to guide and mount.
Kevan is right , I just ordered Slotingplus guides :cautious:
Empirical multi-learning...test...learn...fail...move on...repeat ;)

Kevs Racing Bits
鈥淚 don't like Slotit wood guides...too soft.鈥
@ Kevan... you must be a rough tough hard man if you鈥檙e smashing them up.
Maybe in my early Slot car days (2015/16) and as I'm more than happy with slotingplus ones I never went back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts