SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one thing I think could be improved is the location of the guide. I'd truncate the extended guide flag, make the whole guide shorter and move it as far forward as possible. A long guide lead helps handling.
The guide seems to be mounted on a drop arm so the position would be infinitely adjustable.
I think if i try my own design I will go with piano/music wire or use some of the stack of old welding rod I have :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the main appeal to me is the convenience of just cutting the rods to length for any sports or touring car..
As I'm printing in Resin if a part fails it can be easily replaced without printing the whole chassis.
Ive had problems with printed guides and mounts cracking , my last chassis used a Parma jet flag style guide with a screw on replaceable mounting plate.
So far it it seems to hold up a lot better :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went back to Slotingplus guides, never broken one and cheap enough.
I should heed your advice, i've been using Slotit wood track guides but everybody seems out of stock at the moment !
Ive just started using Siraya Blu , the Parma guide is printed in Blu and so far holding up .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive just started using Siraya Blu , the Parma guide is printed in Blu and so far holding up .
I thought I should report back and say the "Blu" guide broke up just as the ABS did.
They seem to get a lot more brittle after a couple of weeks.
Also once the guide brakes and leaves a chip in the slot the car hits it on the next lap and causes further destruction to guide and mount.
Kevan is right , I just ordered Slotingplus guides :cautious:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts