SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Here are a few pics of a rally track i am in the process of making.
Stats-
Board 1800mm X 900mm (6" X 3")
a mix of 6mm and 9mm MDF
slot- 7mm
Approx length 10-11meters
elevation- 250mm
Braid- non mag
surface- Ferrodor (back straight & hairpin) and suede effects (gravelsection & front straight)
Special attractions- balsawood bridge
and a water crossing Using real water

Thanks for looking

·
David J
3,182 Posts
That looks really good, some lovely detailing in there. Looks like great fun.
Does it connect to another board to complete the circuit?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Looking very neat - congrats.

How do the cars handle the ford section - looks like a massive drop either side of the slot into the water?

Good call on the real water also! - when i did mine i used fibreglass as the base to hold the water in place, but remember the cars will collect alot of water and dispribute it around the track after the splash!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

DJ, Yes there is a simple return section so that when it comes time to extend it will be easier. It also just happens to be able to fit in with Teamreds Minto rally park.

Jexy, That section is almost finished but what is not shown in the pic is another timber section that still needs to be painted up. that will bring the road inline with the slot.
It is made to only just wet the tyres and make the next couple of corners intresting.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,284 Posts
Nice work mate, good looking track. Where's it going to fit on Minto? Where he puts the little filler piece when running the short section?

There's a water splash section in our club, causes more arguments than anything else, but is really well liked by the locals who have driven it.

Looking forward to watching this develop.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Great looking stuff! Love that bridge!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys
Back to a question that Jexy asked, after some testing the river crossing is not really a problem at as is! (im surprised as anyone) I have approx. 30 rally and 10 raid cars covering all brands. a couple do struggle a bit but the cars slide along the rail. Im yet to build up the area yet so all cars will be able to cross no probs. I must say the raid cars are a blast to drive as is tho.

Snurfen, it will fit anywhere on Minto as I borrowed one of the end pieces to get the same distance slot.

Thanks slots-o-fun

Ironman, you can always pop over for the weekend, we have an all day rally this saturday

·
Registered
135 Posts
You could use Windex for the real water portion and it will not only dry up in time but also help keep the track and tires clean as they run through it. You'll get fewer complaints from club guys that way. Now it's a bonus feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts