SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molesey Truck Race

Quality not that good, someone gave me a disk with short clips of our Truck Race in June this year, with stills I taken on the same day. Taken from a digital camera and produce in iMovie on my imac.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Quality is fine mate

iMovie and Macs rock. Yes.

I do most my editing on an iBook using iMovie.

Did you use the Ken Burns effects for the pan and zooms on the stills?

Somebody else mentioned truck racing earlier, I think it was daleg, and within a couple of hours you post this, superb

Look forward to the next one Dome, see if you can borrow a cam and film yourself as you will now have a much better idea of what footage you want having done an edit already.

Was this the first time you used iMovie?

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Great! love the trailers

But isn't everyone in the video sporting hair a tad short for Black Sabbath???

or is that the true vision we have of aged rockers?

Only kidding! track looks sweet too, nto seen pics of your track before.

·
Registered
325 Posts
QUOTE iMovie and Macs rock. Yes. cool.gif

Just reminded me of something! I found this funny - Why Macs Suck - Video

Infact Julian, as was going to ask for some help. I've got some video clips on my digital camera from pendle. I could do with a good program to cut it all together. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks in advance,
James

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Julian thanks for the compliment, second time using imovie

I used the effects that come with imovie, and yes I neeeeeeeeeeeeed a cam, mate at work has one see if I can blag it off him for a while

My other film is of my track at home:
www.ttracing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm]look for 'lap of TTRaceway'[/URL]http://www.ttracing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/movie.htm

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (James - Junior Racer @ 10 Sep 2004, 15:22)Infact Julian, as was going to ask for some help. I've got some video clips on my digital camera from pendle. I could do with a good program to cut it all together. Any suggestions?
Hey there James!

I ONLY edit on a Mac so unless you are using one I can't help really I'm afraid.

I know a couple of friends have gone the Pinnacle route but have soon after given up on it and bought a Mac after seeing me work. In fact I have changed four or five people over to Macs simply because of this. Anyway I'm rambling here and this is not a debate on the best computer solution.

I know Pinnacle these days are quite well respected so I would investigate there first mate, sorry I can't be of more help.

Julian.

Oh and btw, the guy on the video is quite obvoiusly on drugs, not one but all of them! (IMHO) It did make me laugh though

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ok, thanks mate. Can't really switch to Mac at the moment. I'll look into Pinnacle.

QUOTE Oh and btw, the guy on the video is quite obvoiusly on drugs, not one but all of them! (IMHO) It did make me laugh though laugh.gif

Cheers, James

·
Registered
316 Posts
Glad to see you posted the video on here Phil - I spotted it a few weeks ago on your site... I check it regularily to see how the guys are doing down at Molesey,

The truck racing seemed to go well again this year from what I read and see...

Quote from Swisracer

"Great! love the trailers"

Phil, did you guys ever dececide whether the trailers should run with a guide at the rear..... I recollect following a truck round - havin the trailer fish tailing every where - over all 6 lanes when running in the center lanes..

Quote from Swisracer

"But isn't everyone in the video sporting hair a tad short for Black Sabbath???
or is that the true vision we have of aged rockers?"

LOL - there all old rockers down there -

Quote from Swisracer

" track looks sweet too, nto seen pics of your track before."

Its a very fast track - with awesome grip about 20 laps after a good clean. The track manages to hold down alot of rubber - and you get way to much grip... so needs cleaning regulary...

A few pics of Moleseys track on here - with a few details and history..

http://www.moleseyscalex.co.uk/

Phil has some more info on his site.... and loads of interesting stuff too

http://www.ttracing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

And I tried out playing with a web page when I first started up racing at Molesey - theres acouple of pics there too - a few pages of babble....
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/jrsslo...ing/index.jhtml (not a great website)

Keep them vids comming Phil - look great

CoolS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks CoolScientist for posting more info on our club, this link:
http://www.moleseyscalex.co.uk/ has been taken over by this link:
http://www.ttracing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/molesey.htm

Gary Long was club secretary for many years, I took over the job (or was my arm twisted) of club secretary about a year ago. I have only been racing slot cars for about two years having been 1/10th IC and electric touring cars for about 15 years and suffered from the cold winters and cost. I decided to update the web site and attached it to my site to save buying more web space. We have an influx of young members and dads at the moment.

It was hard work, I produced A5 leaflets (I'm a Graphic Designer) posters etc. and dropped them of at model shops and anywhere I saw a slot cars in windows, The web is a good platform for our sport and I try to post regularly on this Forum.

Think I'm the only old rocker at Molesey!

Cool, answer to the trailers is I used two sets of wheels on the back and with proslot rubber, it does get a bit hairy with six trucks blasting round. Hope to get more people next year.

Glad you like our track swisracer, I will have to post more pics now!

Little tip for people going to Pendle this weekend (CARTRIX) wink wink say no more!

Phil Upton

http://www.ttracing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Phil...

Its good to hear Molesey has in influx of youth..... new members are always good.

Its good to hear the club moving on and prospering.... with that said - I notice the track is the same as it was when I was there - Im assuming its staying wood and not going over to plexi?

The TT Raceway is looking stunning too...

Pass greetings on to the guys for me there....

CoolS

Jim

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I raced at Molesey in the London GT round there.
Nicest track I've run on since about '67!
Nice butch power supply as well.
Love the place.
Don't go plexi!
Regards to everyone there,
Lowrider.
(I race real trucks around the M25 every day. Think I want to do it at weekends too? ... Next year!)

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE (MR MAX @ 11 Sep 2004, 07:56)Great video. Are the Fly Mercedes Atego Fly trucks very quick out of the box?

This is my truck - approx a year old... From the box..... not a fantastic peice of machinary.... but now tho - its one quick Mo Fo...

Dropped a NC3 into it - not much differnce between the origional engine - but I had been running it in for a while and its a str8 fit.. Y can see the colour of the can throught the body work under the 5th Wheel

Replaced front axle with independant axles -
Low profile front tyres- I think they were Zero grips trued on tyre grinder - with a super glue glaze
Rear axle - trued each wheel on a small lathe - took out all the imperfections
Glued each tire on - took ages to get them right - again trued on a tire machine.
All magnets out - there were 2 in it origionally..
It runs really low at the front - and bottoms out on bumppy sections - but the sprung quide helps alot there... Which can be seen by the size of the arch over the front wheel.

Its as quick as a ninco merc GT in a straight line - cornering - it tends to let go rather than delsot - and Im suprised its still in one peice....

Set them up right and they do go very well....
Cheers
Cools

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow, you are one serious modder!
I don't think I'll take modding to much level at all, maybe only a new motor if the Fly one stops working. Thanks for posting it up though, I'm sure many people can use your information for reference.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mr Max

I cant really say I am a serious Modder.... Normally I dont change engines in cars - Normally I set the cars according to the rules of the track - eg no mods apart from a change of tyres or guide. Most of the cars I run have basic mods - essentially to make them run smooth - theres nothing worse than a bouncy rear axle. Most mass produced cars like ninco, fly, scalextric all have dodgy areas - like wheels not being "true".... or protusions from the molding process. I prefer to rub them off with a light file, in paricular to aid body movement when running the body loose. I dont run magnets in any cars - and that amplifies inadequacies in setup. I am truly not that daring -

Cools

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jim........not thinking of going to plexi but we are going to change the track layout to give us a little technical section and more pit area. I have raced on Sports track and I don't like it at all, mind you once you have set your car up on our wooden track you will have no problems with 'plastic track'

Trucks are standard except for small front tyres.

Phil

......is it sunday already?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts