SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
It was'nt me but now that you ask let me wonder if it's out yet and where I can get it today

(And if they changed that awful ratio the other Rev-Mono cars have)
Regards
Edo

·
Registered
571 Posts
They had changed the gear ratio in the latest Shelby Cobra that I bought. So fingers crossed.....

They are making some fantastic looking cars, but is it just me that wishes they would produce something that wasn't silvery/grey/blue for a change!

JS

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well yet again, Revell seem keen to part me from more of my hard earned.

It may be a bit much to hope for, but this really would be cracking if it made a decent race partner for the 956's from slot.it.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE this really would be cracking if it made a decent race partner for the 956's from slot.it
Stick the body on a Slot.It HRS chassis!

I am looking forward (once again) to this one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 3 Nov 2004, 12:03)QUOTE this really would be cracking if it made a decent race partner for the 956's from slot.it
Stick the body on a Slot.It HRS chassis!

I am looking forward (once again) to this one.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the plan.........still, seems a shame....be great to see something competitive (in this class) out of the box that isn't slot.it

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
A curious dilemma: That looks a nice model, so I want it.

But it is not a car I have any great memories of or fondness for, so I don't really want it.

But I really love Le Mans type sports cars, so I want it.

It is unlikely to run competitively in any class we race, so I don't want it.

What will happen?

Well, if history is anything to go by, I'll not order it, but see it somewhere, be attracted by the shiny paint and, motivated by the temporary lack of a slot car in my hand, buy it.

I am sure you can get counselling or drugs for this disorder, but I'll keep trying to kick the habit myself. I mean, sooner or later a man has enough toy cars, right.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Scott, you are having a laugh.
Just buy one, I know I will as soon as i find out where to get one. I built one of these as a static kit once (when I was a wee lad). Wonder if its still in the loft somewhere?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
876 Posts
JS - Just wait for their LE Red Lobster March...definitely a break from their soothing color palette...and their Kreepy Krauler version is a perfect pairing just in name alone!

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Scott, There is a flaw to your logic. QUOTE I mean, sooner or later a man has enough toy cars, right.

Never. Ask my girlfriend. She hasn't said it yet, but I think she thinks I'm insane. Maybe not - I am having substantial progress in converting her to a slot car girl - she came over yesterday and wanted to race! (New market segment?)

That paint looks fantastic. I don't have fond memories of the car either, but hey it's a new casting of a Le Mans type car that looks terrific. I'm gonna buy at least one.

Here's a question for you - Is it wrong to own several examples of the exact same model? At one point I had 8 of the Fly #6 Sunoco Lolas because I was just so overwhelmed by the cars beauty. That and the guy I bought them from on eBay was selling them in 6 car lots at a good price. I've since sold most of them off and so now I'm down to 3 (one runner and one shelf queen and I'll part with the 3rd soon to finance some new purchases. The ones I sold off did fetch a nice premium.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Very, very, very nice - keep the good work up Revell!

Anyone know of any release dates yet, I heard early 2005?

Mark

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Wonderful!
Someone has released a car I like, in colours I love.... "honey, forget the fact we're homeless, okay?"
Damn, I wish these companies would get their timing more in tune with mine!

I love that car!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did see the car in person at the hobby trade show last month.
Yes it does look great and it is a side-winder.
It does run very well (Harry Wise of Home Racin World snuck a few laps with a prototype when nobody was looking) but I don't think it will be able to keep up with a Slot-It (I don't think Mongram intended it to keep up with one either).

I saw the real car race once but I didn't really want one of the slot models until I saw it!

Nobody had any specific dates for it's arrival.

I really like the Monogram cars. It is nice to see companies like SLot-It and Monogram making scale model slot cars.

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Wonderful, Rev Mon are rapidly becoming the No.1 in the RTR market place.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hi All- I don't know if this will work, but....
There was a great article about Adrian Newey in MotorSport a few years ago. He designed the March, and there's a good story about it on this page;

Starts at the bottom of the left hand column. I hope it doesn't strain your eyes. Or take up too much space. Still struggling with sizing these pictures.
December 2000 if you want to check out the whole thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Always one of my favorite group C/IMSA cars. I had a brass chassied version decked out in Red lobster colours that we raced in a 24hr series back in the 80's, it wasn't the easiest paint jobs to do, especially inside out.
The Red Lobster is definitely the best paint job that this car ran in. Other liveries are the CRC car of Al Holbert, Michelob/Executone and of course the Nissan engined cars that ran at Le Mans.
Now what we need next is a group 44 Jag XJR5!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts