SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I'm pleased to see that Revell-Monogram has announced that they will be producing the March 83G, the most successful GTP car ever built, before the Porsche 962 came along. Despite it's success, the March 83G is a car that has never been produced as a 1:32nd scale R-T-R before, but we need to wait a year for it...

March 83G Blue Thunder $35.95 & $6.00 shipping DUE NOV 2004
March 83G Kreepy Krauly $35.95 & $6.00 shipping DUE DEC 2004

I know that Larry Shephard will be happy, being a big fan of IMSA cars and of the March 83G in particular.

I'll wait for the Kreepy Krauly version. Kreepy Krauly is a South African company that manufactures robotic swimming pool cleaners, and were the principle sponsors of the all-South African team of Sarel Van Der Merwe / Tony Martin / Graham Duxbury that won the 1984 Daytona 24 Hour race. Here's a picture of a 1/32nd Eurosport Betta vacuum-formed Lexan 83G-4, with the Kreepy Krauly livery painted by hand by Piet Beukes from Cape Town, South Africa :

As a matter of interest, this was planned to be March's 1992 Group C / GTP car, but the company went bankrupt before it could be realised:

Kind regards,

Russell

PS: I also noticed that Revell-Monogram has announced 1/32nd scale figures. From the description, it unforunately sounds as if they are the same '60s figures that were re-released by MRRC a few years ago.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just saw this....

Seems like they are the old original Monogram figures (as re-released by MRRC), but come pre-painted.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks for that Russell (... I'm not sure I'm speaking to you after your F3000 drive... Jealous? Moi?)

I'd almost given up hope of a MARCH 83G...

Bankrupt before the 1992 car came out y'say?
The 'M' of MARCH isn't doing so badly in motorsport governing body circles these days.... Max Mosley

-Rob

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Those old figures are great. Okay, not any use for post 1970 layouts, but since most cars are oldies these days they fit really well. I've got boxes of them (still unpainted) so the key will power issue is going to be do I buy more pre-painted or just get on with the work myself?

You know the answer already, don't you.

Scott

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Russell that March 92s seems to have a split personallity including the rear wing right down the middle.

And since you took the liberty to post a picture of a very nicely painted March 83G in Kreepy Krauly kolors as a vac body.

I will have to counter with my favorite, the Red Lobster entry of Slot Devls early 83g march Red lobster entry in IMSA racing. I really liked the IMSA cars as they were among the fastest GT cars on earth at that time. And held tracks record at many tracks. I wish Monogram would do this verson instead of the Blue Thunder drugie car.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just on a point of correction. The vacuum-formed March 83G-4 shown in the first post isn't a Betta body but was in fact moulded by Derick Thesnaar of Cape Town. Derick does nice work. His web-site address is:

http://www.derickstoys.com

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.