SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Well my Targa Florio track looks to be sold, and I can turn my attention to a new project. I'll try my hand at a routed two lane, digital/analog, rally track based on the Pont des Miolans stage of the Monte Carlo Rally. Here's the initial plan and inspiration. Suggestions are always welcome. Not sure exactly how the elevations are going to work out, but I suspect they'll be more elevation to the scenery than there will be to the circuit itself. It's important to me that the track work as a two lane analog, which means I can use the old SSD Powerbase Pro 1.8 s-h (which I have) or (hopefully) the new Slot.it digital, which I don't have.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
This promises to be the start of something fantastic, I for one can't wait to see it develop.

As for suggestions...... I wouldn't dare... it would be like telling Tiger Woods how to play golf...(or around..
)

DJ

·
Ian
99 Posts
Bill,
Someone's very lucky to own one of your builds
As usual can't wait to see how this develops, just jealous of your skills you make it all look so easy! It'll be another serious case of Scenery Envy

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Wow, here we go again...the shortness of breath, the thumping heart, the green tinge to the face.

Now Bill, how about a proxy multi-stage Mini Monte Carlo Rally on your track, mine and a couple of others accumulating time penalties as they go. Could be good.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Looking good, Bill.

BTW, a couple of photos on your New "Targa" Rally Track layout (post #1 and #16) are not showing from PhotoBucket. I hope that the Targa topic is not unravelling! It is too good as an instructional guide to lose.

Cheers!

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Many thanks for all the encouragement! Update on track plan. I'm thinking of adding a "French House" at a (false) road junction in the bottom right corner, and I'd put a (false) tunnel into the mountains in the top right corner. In this way, the track seemingly goes somewhere (instead of just around in circles). This particular model comes from "Monroe Perdu".

QUOTE (sealevel @ 12 Apr 2010, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW, a couple of photos on your New "Targa" Rally Track layout (post #1 and #16) are not showing from PhotoBucket. I hope that the Targa topic is not unravelling! It is too good as an instructional guide to lose.I accidentally deleted a few of the photos from my Photobucket account, and it's impossible to edit old entries to reinsert images. No worries, not planning on dismantling all the Targa entries!

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm gathering images to use in the build. One issue that I'm investigating is the relationship between the Monte Carlo Rallye and the Rallye des Alpines. There are lots of good images for the Rallye des Alpines, which seems to have also run along the Mont des Miolans at times...

THE BRIDGE (I might have to add a squeeze here)

THE TOWN (don't have room for a whole town, but maybe a house or two)

"GUARDRAILS" (love these old rustic rock guardrails from the Rallye des Alpines)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Looking very good already, as always Bill ..

Just a couple of ideas. In case if you'll have a backdrop, or part of one planned, put at least one in the left top corner [between the hills, could be easily removable]. Perhaps widen the gap/bridge a bit and have the Townscape [in your picture] visible in the distance.

What's [a] SlotForum in french? You could name the café as "Café'de'Slot" or "Café Forum" perhaps?

Just wondering .. If you and Graham were in the same room, building a layout together .. would sparks fly? Modelling & ambient wizardry it is anyhow, as you both have been blessed with "a magic modelling wand"!

I'll follow this one for sure .. with envy!

-- ron --

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Shucks Ron, you're too kind. I just crash around compared to Bill. I do hope to be contributing something to this build though, besides the Fiat 500.

Oh, and by the way, we have been in the same room. Bill and his family came over for the MMM last year. Great tracks from a great guy.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Bill, Looking forward to follow this, I think someone else said this but you could paint the village as a backdrop.
Anyhow, looking forward to getting inspiration and ideas to start up again, and you are the man to kick it off!
Per

1 - 20 of 316 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.