SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
Dennis,
Sorry I did not see you there within the zillion spectators, but I agree, the event was quite good. I was a bit disappointed that Steve Earle did not stick to his principles and let a few eeer... reproductions to actually show and race. Oh well...
I especially liked the great display of red cars at Pebble. Here is one of my favorites there:

Doc Pea

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
QUOTE and nobody is trying to say something is original when it's not then I'm cool with it.

That's the problem: the "re-creators" appear to lie a lot. The reason: $$$$$
I have no problem with any replica if properly represented.
Dennis as you know, there is a fierce controversy about a certain "P4" ex-David Piper on TNF... I saw the car during the weekend, and you have it in your pics. I was with Jean Sage and as a former official Ferrari historian, he should know what he is talking about. I won't even say what he said, but let only say that there was no stamp of approval.

The difference with this car below is that while it has an entirely new body, there is little doubt about where it came from.

Regards,

Philippe

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
Well, this is one of the very few years in the past 18 when I have not been busy driving, and you are so busy when racing that you do not notice such things. So I do not know if it is better of worse than before but I DO remember better years in my opinoion, like Aston Martin or Porsche.
Regards,

Doc Pea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.