SlotForum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2831 Posts

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,186 ·
Just started a little prep ahead of this evening's party in, on and around the Mess. Life's too short not to be partying because, as everyone knows, the dying process starts from the minute we're born.

Odd that it accelerates every Thursday evening.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting
World Textile Toy Motor vehicle Plastic
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Event

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,188 ·
Exactly, Keith. Honestly, I've lost count of the times I've started out on a lap of the Mess, and not made it to the end without stopping because a camel, cow, horse, turkey, goose, or 'gator has wandered into my path.

Usually receive abuse from Gandhi when this happens, too. He really can be coarse. So very very coarse.

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,190 ·
Another splendid race meeting at the Mess last evening, but it's now Friday and a long queue has already formed outside the chip van. Inspirational advertising is clearly responsible.

As my chum Gandhi asked last evening: "Why deprive yourself of illness when you can spend all day eating chips."
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Handwriting Motor vehicle Automotive design Market Toy
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,191 ·
As a chap who dislikes imperfection I've been on a quest to produce a flawless slot car for far too long. Things always go wrong during building, and even tiny things annoy me. Most folk wouldn't notice these mistakes, but knowing they exist is a constant source of irritation, which is why I intend to succeed this year in producing a good 'un, even if it kills me, which it possibly will.

Perfection! I wonder if it exists.
Car Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Hood
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Such a beauty! Dark blue and grey mohair. Very elegant!.

At a glance ... dual port with 40 Websters, 009 Distributor with the Bosch's blue coil (hiding back on the bulkhead), extractor, hi amp alternator, and BRM alloys.

It followed me home. Can I keep it? Puhleeeeeeeeze!

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,199 ·
A potential slot project below but... Dare I take a dremel to the 917 (a static model) and the Beetle, and cut both down the middle, before joining the front of the Beetle to the rear of the 917? It might well make a unique slot car, but whether I can bring myself to perform such butchery remains undecided.

I've never thought of myself as a yob, but this is getting perilously close.
Vehicle Car Hood Wheel Automotive design
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Vehicle Car Hood Wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Bumper

2181 - 2200 of 2831 Posts